Abandoned Cat With Dreadlocks Gets A Makeover
This poor cat was abandoned by her Alzheimer’s-suffering owner and it survived for years with severely matted fur. The cat was struggling to move because of the extra fur, but luckily the cat has been given a new home and a new look.
The feline, who was hauling around two pounds of overgrown fur that had formed into severe mats, was brought to the Animal Rescue League Shelter & Wildlife Center in Pittsburgh on Thursday, clearly in need of serious help after her owner went into a nursing home.
“She suffered from severe matting (dreadlocks, really), the likes of which had been neglected for years,” said a post on the shelter’s Facebook page. “Our Medical team shaved off the pounds of intertwined fur from her body &, needless to say, this cat is feeling so much better now!”
More Inspiring Stories:
- “Last Breath”: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Fascinating Photos That Capture Everyday Of Oahu Beaches, Hawaii In The Early 1970s
- 100-Year-Old Negatives Discovered In Block Of Ice In Antarctica
- “Beauty Comes In All Sizes!”: Photoshop Artist Jay Tee Changes The Obtuse Point Of View About Beauty Today One Pound At A Time
- People Are Posting ‘Illegal’ Lego Building Techniques And They Are Actually Genius
- This Photographer Spent 10 Years Recording The Post-Soviet Discos Of Lithuania
- Vintage Snapshots Capture People Wearing Sleazy T-Shirts With Profane Slogans In The 1970s
- Moody Animal Puns That Will Remind You That It’s OK To Be Sad
- Photographer Sabrina Boem Beautifully Captured The Monorail Cats
- Commuters Around The World Went Pantless For The Annual “No Pants Subway Ride”