Artist Imagines The Secret Life Of Wild Animals When No One‘s Watching
Probably most of us have heard of the saying ‘Hakuna Matata’, which means ‘no worries’ in Swahili. The famous phrase was popularized by the Disney animated movie ‘The Lion King’ and inspired Paris-based photographer Thomas Subtil to create a lighthearted series about life without a care in the world.
It all started in 2013 when the artist traveled to Kenya and discovered a completely different, wonderful world. A world where elephants balance precariously on one leg on a tight-rope tied between two trees, where giraffes hang their washed clothes to dry and zebras fly. Subtil masterfully transformed vast African landscapes into unexpected phantasmagoria.
The artist described his series as “the real life of African wild animals”, well, at least how he imagines the animals act when people are not watching. He uses digital manipulation in order to create imaginative realities.
Subtil also created the ‘Animetro’ series where he imagines various wild animals discovering the Paris metro. Just like ordinary people, they wait for the metro train and try to find a place in this underground metal box. Recently, the artist published his ‘Hakuna Matata 2’ and ‘Colored’ series.
Curious about his work? Scroll down the page and check out the unexpected and imaginative world of wild animals!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Japanese Designer Crafts Adorably Lifelike Cat Backpack
- An Authentic 16th Century Plague Doctor Mask Preserved And On Display At The German Museum Of Medical History
- The Superb Noir Superhero Posters By Marko Manev
- Stunning Photos From The Hair Freezing Contest Of Takhini Hot Springs
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho