Artist Imagines The Secret Life Of Wild Animals When No One‘s Watching
Probably most of us have heard of the saying ‘Hakuna Matata’, which means ‘no worries’ in Swahili. The famous phrase was popularized by the Disney animated movie ‘The Lion King’ and inspired Paris-based photographer Thomas Subtil to create a lighthearted series about life without a care in the world.
It all started in 2013 when the artist traveled to Kenya and discovered a completely different, wonderful world. A world where elephants balance precariously on one leg on a tight-rope tied between two trees, where giraffes hang their washed clothes to dry and zebras fly. Subtil masterfully transformed vast African landscapes into unexpected phantasmagoria.
The artist described his series as “the real life of African wild animals”, well, at least how he imagines the animals act when people are not watching. He uses digital manipulation in order to create imaginative realities.
Subtil also created the ‘Animetro’ series where he imagines various wild animals discovering the Paris metro. Just like ordinary people, they wait for the metro train and try to find a place in this underground metal box. Recently, the artist published his ‘Hakuna Matata 2’ and ‘Colored’ series.
Curious about his work? Scroll down the page and check out the unexpected and imaginative world of wild animals!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Ocean Photography Awards 2021
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- One Eyeland World’s Top Black & White Photographers 2021
- “Before I Forget”: The Colossal Pop Culture Artifacts From the Future Past by Ruben Kos
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s