Artist Imagines The Secret Life Of Wild Animals When No One‘s Watching
Probably most of us have heard of the saying ‘Hakuna Matata’, which means ‘no worries’ in Swahili. The famous phrase was popularized by the Disney animated movie ‘The Lion King’ and inspired Paris-based photographer Thomas Subtil to create a lighthearted series about life without a care in the world.
It all started in 2013 when the artist traveled to Kenya and discovered a completely different, wonderful world. A world where elephants balance precariously on one leg on a tight-rope tied between two trees, where giraffes hang their washed clothes to dry and zebras fly. Subtil masterfully transformed vast African landscapes into unexpected phantasmagoria.
The artist described his series as “the real life of African wild animals”, well, at least how he imagines the animals act when people are not watching. He uses digital manipulation in order to create imaginative realities.
Subtil also created the ‘Animetro’ series where he imagines various wild animals discovering the Paris metro. Just like ordinary people, they wait for the metro train and try to find a place in this underground metal box. Recently, the artist published his ‘Hakuna Matata 2’ and ‘Colored’ series.
Curious about his work? Scroll down the page and check out the unexpected and imaginative world of wild animals!
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 9 Painfully True SEX-Pectations Vs Reality
- Beautiful Photographs By Brock Elbank In Tribute To Freckles
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Japanese Illustrator Imagines A World Where Humans Live Among Giant Animals
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- Layered 3D Sculpture Came To Life Using Customized Facebook 3D Photo
- Artist Imagines Spilled Coffee As Monsters