Beards have been around for as long as humans, but their cultural significance, associations and status has varied hugely throughout the centuries. Continue reading »
Michael C. Hsiung is known for his quirky illustrations, drawn using Micron pens and Higgins black ink. His characters, mostly fantastical – mermen, centaurs, wizards and the likes – tend to sport impressive mustaches, a feature which Hsiung himself has come to be recognized with. Continue reading »
An Instagram themed around making marijuana beards on magazine portraits started as a joke while getting high. Michy, one of the two Vancouver natives behind the budding page PeopleIRollOn, took the cover of Maxim’s July 2015 issue and began taking pictures of Taylor Swift’s face with a mustache she made of weed. Continue reading »
New York based artist Mindo Cikanavicius photographs portraits of men with foam “facial hair”. Within this series, titled ‘Bubbleissimo’, (perhaps making a play on the word “machismo”), the artist distorts the notion of masculinity through a comedic display of the growing obsession with groomed facial hair. Continue reading »
In the latest weird trend to surface on Instagram, bearded men are starting to cover their beards with glitter. It may seem unexpected, but it was only a matter of time after men began putting flowers in their beards more than a year ago.
Let us know what you think about these glitter beards in the comments – is this a fun and festive holiday trend or have these beard bedazzlers gone too far? Continue reading »
Image credits: Cloe Ashton
Men around the world are putting beautiful arrangements of flowers into their beards.
It’s hard to identify who started the trend, however, one of the pictures on our list dates back to 1977. This probably means that the idea was born even earlier with the hippie movement and John Phillips’ song “San Francisco”. The line “If you’re going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair”, inspired thousands of young people from all over the world to travel to San Francisco, wearing flowers in their hair and now, apparently, in their beards.
Continue reading »
Braun Cruzer and advertising agency BBDO Proximity from Düsseldorf have released these awesome prints lately. The images depict men, whose beards have been shaven and turned into a very characteristic features. You can recognize the logos of Spiderman, Batman and Superman. Amazing!
The title says: “Precision Prevails” Continue reading »
Judges Justin “Count Justidian,” left, and John Reardon, second left, inspect Kevin Cuomey’s moustache during the Second Annual Beard and Moustache Competition on Dec. 3, in Brooklyn, N.Y. Cuomey traveled from North Carolina to compete in the “Styled Mustache” category. (Claire Schneider / AP) Continue reading »
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Wonder Of Illustrating Perpetual Movement in Space From A 1875 Astronomy Book
- Breathtaking WWII Colorized Photos Look Like They Were Taken Yesterday
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Artist Colorizes 50 Old Photos, And It Might Change The Way You Perceive History