Luxury brand Hublot unveiled what it claims to be the most expensive watch around, at the 2012 Baselworld Watch Exhibition in Switzerland. The watch is a 14-carat diamond encrusted timepiece, worth $5m. The device is set primarily in white gold and the ultra-glam luxury watch contains a total of 1,292 diamonds, six of which weigh more than three carats apiece.
The Swiss brand, owned by French luxury goods manufacturer LVMH, said a renowned “master cutter” from New York, with over 40 years experience, was responsible for single-handedly cutting the largest GIA-certified stones to ensure the same cut “signature”.
Despite the high price and the ongoing economic crisis, producers of the watch said several people had already expressed a desire to buy the watch. In fact, the luxury watch has already been sold to the retailer “The Hour Glass” Singapore. However, the watch will be showcased first at the Hublot boutique in Marina Bay Sands and then in the Hublot corners at The Hour Glass boutiques.
A Hublot employee shows the new “5 Million Dollar Diamond Watch” during a news conference at Baselworld fair in Basel, March 7, 2012. The world’s leading watch and jewellery show Baselworld is to be held in Basel from March 8 to March 15, 2012. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread