The General Motors Bison Concept debuted at the 1964 New York World’s Fair, but to little fanfare. That same show was dominated by the debut of the Ford Mustang. This turbine-powered concept was quickly forgotten and that’s a shame because the General Motors Bison Concept was an outstanding looking truck. Continue reading »
Car designer Bill Mitchell’s breathtaking 1967 Astro I styling study enabled his designers to explore the boundaries between beauty and low-drag forms. At less than three feet high, it was the lowest concept model ever created by GM design, so low that passengers had to use elevator seats to get in and out. A touch of a flush release pad caused the canopy to rise electrically. Once inside, occupants were lowered to a reclining position with another button. Continue reading »
The Firebird III was by far the most intriguing and influential of the Motorama Firebirds. Built in 1958, it was the only member of the Firebird trio to have any direct impact on the design of General Motors production vehicles. The 1959 Cadillac featured some of the Firebird III’s surface development and its severe rocker panel tuck-under. The 1961 Caddy picked up the Firebird’s rear skegs – those stubby little fins that hung down off the bottoms of the rear fenders. Continue reading »
If you believe the Lotus Esprit was not a true supercar, you’re about to be mad at Lotus because they came close to doing a true one back in the 1980s. Had they built it, it’s a good chance it could have been considered the first true British supercar, a kind of McLaren F1 or Jaguar XJ220 a decade early. Continue reading »
Commissioned by Chevrolet in collaboration with Oxford Community School’s FIRST LEGO League and Detroit’s Ralph Waldo Emerson Elementary’s A World in Motion Program, the LEGO version of Chevy’s 2019 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss was unveiled at the on-going North America International Motor Show 2019. And not surprisingly, this Full-size LEGO 2019 Chevrolet Silverado has something to do with the upcoming The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part. Continue reading »
- Honest Portraits: Unvarnished Russia In Emotional Black & White Photographs By Oleg Videnin
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Stunning Photographs From The Inside Of Russia’s Largest Bitcoin Mine
- Photographer Joseph Philippe Bevillard Captured The Secret Lives Of Irish Travellers Revealed In Intimate Portraits
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Meanwhile In “Paris Fashion Week”… Have Fashion Designers Gone Insane?
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Violent Rabbits?
- This Instagram Account Collects The Worst Interior Designs Ideas
- 20 Strange & Unusual Pics From The Early 20th Century That You May No Longer See Today
- Manchester Girls: Photographs That Celebrate Northern Women, Their Strength And Their Style