Mason Parker of Mason’s Creations has created a spectacular stained glass octopus chandelier. The cephalopod chandelier measures about four feet across, and the body and arms can be lit separately or simultaneously. Continue reading »
The nonprofit Illuminate and Grace Cathedral present an immersive installation inside one of San Francisco’s most important religious monuments. Continue reading »
During Euroluce 2019, Italian lighting company Karman, released Umarell, a fun wall lamp that was inspired by a familiar sight in Bologna, a man watching work being done on a building site.
Designed by Giorgio Biscaro, the lamp is a typical wall ‘cube’ with an unglazed ceramic finish and decorative front plate. However, the part of the light that draws the most attention, is a little man that looks down into the light, as if peering into the workings of the light, much like watching a building site. Continue reading »
French designer Sam Baron has created a collection of unique suspension lights for Petite Friture, that are named ‘SO-sage’. Continue reading »
A decorated elephant, escorted by two others, carries a casket during the annual Buddhist festival of the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, Sri Lanka. Hundreds of thousands of Buddhists throng the hill-capital every year to venerate Buddha’s tooth relic which is taken on a parade on decorated elephants as traditional dancers and drummers perform. The event, which dates back centuries, is considered Sri Lanka’s most prominent religious and cultural ceremony. (Gemunu Amarasinghe/Associated Press) Click image to zoom.
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Vintage Portraits Of Psychiatric Patients In The Late 19th Century
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- “The Loneliest Road Trip”: Travels Through An Empty America In Photographs By Arnaud Montagard
- From Amazing To Downright Scary, These 69 Design Decisions In Soviet Apartment Buildings In Lithuania Are Far From Boring