This project brings together 14 of the characters involved in the reconstruction of various periods of Russian history: from the 9th century until the end of the second world war.
For the present, and their favourite eras they picked up hashtags — keywords that most closely express the spirit of the time. Continue reading »
Not only the fashion director of Esquire, Nick Sullivan is also a dedicated photographer and downright perfectionist, as demonstrated by his amazing Instagram feed. Sullivan’s new favourite pastime sees the British-born fashion expert scouring the Internet in search of old photographs of London, Paris and New York and meticulously locating the same exact spot, inserting the picture from the past into one of the present space to demonstrate the passing of time. From a picture of Colette sitting in the portico of the Palais Royale to a portrait of Bob Dylan walking down a tree-lined avenue in Central Park and the Rolling Stones taking a stroll in Covent Garden, Sullivan’s “doubletakes” become joyful accounts of the evolution of some of the world’s most-loved cities. Continue reading »
These photos of political figures sporting man bun hairstyles have been put together by the talented creative community at DesignCrowd. This selection of current World leaders includes US President Barack Obama, Russian President Vladimir Putin, North-Korea Leader Kim Jong-un and British Prime Minister David Cameron. Continue reading »
Christian Carollo, through his ‘Past Present Project’, recounts his grandparent’s life with their photographs. He places old pictures in their original location but at our time. An original way to show the evolution of these places, sometimes negligible, and paying a real tribute. Continue reading »
OK, so it was actually last fall, and no one died in a fiery blast. But these parodies of Hollywood blockbuster posters for the marriage of David DiCicco and Rachael Batts are still epic enough to make Michael Bay consider a second career as a wedding planner.
The posters were the work of the Virginia couple’s close friend, Nashville-based photographer and designer Andres Martinez. After helping them create a Casablanca-themed save-the-date card, Martinez spent about a month creating a series of posters starring DiCicco and Batts, who displayed them at their wedding reception. Continue reading »
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The World Sports Photography Awards 2020
- Brilliant Book Dedications