Russian Artist Creates Incredible Ultrarealistic Miniature Models Of The Military And Utility Vehicles
A man from Tomsk, Russia, Sergey Osipov makes toy models of military and civil vehicles. They impress with detalization and accuracy. Continue reading »
Back around 1966, Sixties counter-culture iconography was being injected into the everyday, infusing society with a collision of postmodern DayGlo colors, earth tones and psychedelically styled designs. And flowers–lots and lots of flowers. Most of these floral designs may have been a bit too loud on a Formica counter or trusty old Thermos, yet one particular print looked right at home on the top of a car. Counterculture became mainstream. Continue reading »
When Chevrolet started designing ‘Vega’ during the 1970s, one of the main objectives was to keep the cost of the car down around $2,000 in circa-1970 dollars. Continue reading »
Once upon a time — or more accurately, back in the 1970s — the van reigned supreme. Riding-in right on the heels of the fading muscle car era, the custom van became the ultimate self-expression vehicle– tricked-out and personalized to show all the world just how your bad self rolled. Continue reading »
In the hours 41-year-old Ralph Savelsberg is not working as a physicist for the Dutch Ministry of Defence, he is recreating classic vehicles in everyones favourite bricks. The Lego mad film buff has lived in the UK for the last few years building every famous car in entertainment you can imagine – And the characters to match! From Del Boys Reliant Regal to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Batmobile, has Ralph handmade the most complete set of popular vehicles ever? Ralph said: Building a LEGO set is fun, but I’ve always preferred to build my own models. Here: “Ghostbusters”. Continue reading »
Rome is full of amazing sights. The Colosseum. The Pantheon. The Trevi Fountain. But something you don’t see in Rome every day is life-size LEGO vehicles cruising the streets. Well, not until now that is. Take a look at these awesomely surreal pictures to see what we mean. They come from “LEGO outside LEGOLAND”, a project carried out by Italian photographer Domenico Franco who has digitally added LEGO cars, vans and even helicopters to the cobbled streets of Rome. Continue reading »
Photo via Galleria Borbonica
Nobody likes a visit to the car pound. It probably as one of my least favourite places to be on earth, but you wouldn’t have a hard time convincing me to pay a visit to this particular car pound, hidden 150ft below a piazza in the city of Naples, sealed off after WWII and forgotten about for more than 60 years. Continue reading »
This picture taken on October 29, 2014 shows 48 years old carpenter Liu Fulong (L) driving a wooden car made by himself on a street in Shenyang, northeast China’s Liaoning province. Liu Fulong, who stopped his education after primary school, spent more than 3 months on this wooden electric car that could travel at full speed 30 km per hour when fully charged, local media reported. (Photo by AFP Photo) Continue reading »
A London-based designer has come up with a collection of zombie-proof vehicles, just in time for Halloween. Donal O’Keeffe from Cork in Ireland, created the Zombie Survival Series with 3D rendering after being inspired by his love of horror films. The 31-year-old put the collection together after imagining what city-life would be like if the streets were taken over by wandering undead, from which there would be no safer escape than one of these modified, mobile fortresses.
– Roof-mounted flood lights.
– Canned food supply along with cooking and cleaning utensils.
– Spiked front-grille.
– Pick axe at hand for passengers. Continue reading »
Submerged vehicles are seen at the Honda factory in Ayutthaya province, Thailand, on November 14. (Damir Sagolj / Reuters) Continue reading »
- This Guy Hilariously Captions The Weirdest Construction Fails He Finds
- Alice In Wonderland Re-Imagined With Japanese Artwork: Gorgeous Watercolor
- This Artist Uses Emojis To Create Images Of Female Nipples So She Can Bypass Instagram’s Ban On Nudity
- Meet Sygmond, The Beautiful Gray Cat Of Your Nightmares
- Russian Artists Recreate Famous Paintings And Have Much Fun
- Futuristic Images Of Tokyo Which Trapped Two Photographers
- In An Old Village In Southern Bavaria, A Unique Ancient Pagan Tradition Is Still Alive
- Yokai Horrors From The 18th Century Bakemono Zukushi Scroll – The Nightmarish, Curious And Rather Cute Demons Were Created In The Edo Period
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- Girl Draws Self-Portraits Before And During LSD High