Rock ’N’ Roll On Wheels: 30 Photos Of The Coolest Customized Vans Of The 1970s
Once upon a time — or more accurately, back in the 1970s — the van reigned supreme. Riding-in right on the heels of the fading muscle car era, the custom van became the ultimate self-expression vehicle– tricked-out and personalized to show all the world just how your bad self rolled.
They were badass, man– a portable pampered pad that allowed you to take all your extra-curricular activities of sorts (legal or lotharious) on the road– and there were custom shops on every corner back then that would customize your ride with a kick-ass sound system, lighting, shag carpeting, Captains chairs, beds, bubble windows, louvres, spoilers, mag wheels, custom horns, CB radios– and don’t forget to top it all off with a one-off airbrushed paint job depicting your choice of Wizard, Warlock, Wave or Western scenic. It may be time for a comeback, folks– especially with the home foreclosure rate being what it is…
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- These Men’s Underwear Create A New Level In Bad Taste!
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- “Youth Gone Wild”: Stunning Photos Of The Russian Underground Dance Culture
- Artist Imagines The Secret Life Of Wild Animals When No One‘s Watching
- Photographer Visits Famous Movie Scene Locations In Real Life
- Accidents Waiting To Happen Thanks To These Architects And Designers
- Wide Seats And Plenty Of Legroom: These Old Pan Am Photos Show How Much Airline Travel Has Changed
- Russian Artist Turns Famous Venus By Botticelli Into A Japanese Doll