Rock ’N’ Roll On Wheels: 30 Photos Of The Coolest Customized Vans Of The 1970s
Once upon a time — or more accurately, back in the 1970s — the van reigned supreme. Riding-in right on the heels of the fading muscle car era, the custom van became the ultimate self-expression vehicle– tricked-out and personalized to show all the world just how your bad self rolled.
They were badass, man– a portable pampered pad that allowed you to take all your extra-curricular activities of sorts (legal or lotharious) on the road– and there were custom shops on every corner back then that would customize your ride with a kick-ass sound system, lighting, shag carpeting, Captains chairs, beds, bubble windows, louvres, spoilers, mag wheels, custom horns, CB radios– and don’t forget to top it all off with a one-off airbrushed paint job depicting your choice of Wizard, Warlock, Wave or Western scenic. It may be time for a comeback, folks– especially with the home foreclosure rate being what it is…
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 40 Times People Thought Their T-Shirts Were Cool But Looked Completely Cringeworthy
- Unknown Artist Creates Amazing Studio Ghibli Anime Character Moss Murals In Countryside
- Heartbreaking Pics Of Aging Dogs Show Them Grow From Puppyhood To Old Age
- Brutally Honest Brand Slogans By Clif Dickens
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- Unique Photos Capture A Couple’s Visit To ‘Stranger Things 3’ Filming Locations
- How Do Perceptions Of Beauty Vary Across The Globe?
- Amazing Vintage Photographs Of Cat’s Meat Sellers In London In The Early 20th Century
- “Real Life Film Noir”: Vintage Crime Scenes From The LAPD Archives