Design & Wine Hotel
Design and wine. Can you go wrong? The answer, of course, is no – especially when the design is as nice as it is at the Design and Wine Hotel in Caminha, Portugal. It’s an 18th Century manor house, and although you wouldn’t say the renovation is exactly sympathetic to its period roots, it’s certainly a visual treat.
It’s also very environmentally friendly – something they didn’t pay much attention to back in those days, so who says progress is a bad thing? But never mind the green credentials, and the exhibition space for artists’ work, the biggest draw at this place has to be the new building housing the hotel’s five suites.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- “Ballads Of Shanghai”: Changing Face Of Urban China
- Artists Recreate Van Gogh’s Iconic Bedroom And Put It For Rent On Airbnb
- Ethereal Floral Tattoos Mimic Delicate Watercolor Paintings On Skin
- Look, These Landscapes Are Out Of This World!
- The Russians Make The Best Truck In The Universe For $50K
- Mini Glacier Candles Remind You Of Global Warming As They Melt
- Fashion Photographer Imagines Cars As Supermodels
- Illustrator Perfectly Captures The Beauty Of Single Life
- This Old Man Spent 13 Years Growing A Giant Dragon In His Yard
- This Artist Channels His Love Of Comics Into The Most Beautiful Illustrations For Dark
- This Collection Of Web Comics Really Explains What Its Like To Be A Gamer
- 26 Proofs That Love Is In The Little Things
- 100-Year-Old Hand-Colored Postcards Offer A Fascinating Glimpse Of Pre-War Japan
- Classic Literary Scarves Allow You To Literally Wrap Yourself Up In A Good Book
- Japan’s Terrifying Road Is Enough To Give The Most Confident Driver Nightmares