DIY Brooklyn Assembly Kit Lets You Make a Pillow – With Any Map Stitched On
Brooklyn Assembly Kits are the answer to the question: Where did all the gifts with meaning go? The crafty genius behind them founded Brooklyn Assembly Kits on the principle that people should be able to make things with their hands – and that that process should be accessible. They are available on Designed Good all week.
We love her pillow kit in particular because it lets you hand-stitch a pillow for whichever map location you like. She made one for her friends with a map of the location where they got married. You can choose any location — all you have to do is send a map to her and she’ll send you the pattern (instructions are on the Designed Good page).
The materials in the kits are all natural and completely made in the USA.
For all versions of the Brooklyn Assembly Kits this week, you can check out the full line on Designed Good.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 3,277 - Photography
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 2,717 - Travel
- The Innovative Minimalist Earrings By The Designer Otis Jaxon Views today: 1,242 - Design
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever Views today: 1,199 - Design
- Walking On Frozen Baikal, The Deepest And Oldest Lake On Earth To Capture Its Otherworldly Beauty Views today: 1,039 - Travel
- Biting Illustrations That Uncover All Of The Human Essences In Modern World Views today: 1,008 - Inspirations
- When You See Where This Hidden Staircase Leads You’re Going To Want One Views today: 995 - Design
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 650 - Photography
- An Artist Transforms The Shapes Of Animals Into Cubes To Makes Them Definitely Look Straight Out Of Minecraft Views today: 490 - Animals
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 373 - Photography
- Honest Puns Inspired By CSS That Web Designers Can Relate To Views today: 324 - Inspirations
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century Views today: 313 - Inspirations
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images Views today: 289 - Photography
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 279 - Inspirations
- Vibram Furoshiki Shoe Views today: 270 - Technology