DIY Brooklyn Assembly Kit Lets You Make a Pillow – With Any Map Stitched On
Brooklyn Assembly Kits are the answer to the question: Where did all the gifts with meaning go? The crafty genius behind them founded Brooklyn Assembly Kits on the principle that people should be able to make things with their hands – and that that process should be accessible. They are available on Designed Good all week.
We love her pillow kit in particular because it lets you hand-stitch a pillow for whichever map location you like. She made one for her friends with a map of the location where they got married. You can choose any location — all you have to do is send a map to her and she’ll send you the pattern (instructions are on the Designed Good page).
The materials in the kits are all natural and completely made in the USA.
For all versions of the Brooklyn Assembly Kits this week, you can check out the full line on Designed Good.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- The Angel Oak Tree In South Carolina Is Infernally Beautiful
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Aerial Images Of Salterns That Blur The Line Between Photograph And Painting
- Chinese City Opens Awesome Five-Star Public Toilet
- Polish Craftsman Creates Amazing Household Items With A Folk Twist
- Marvelous Dreamlike Portraits Of Redheads With Red Foxes By Alexandra Bochkareva
- This Peculiar Board Game Is Anticipated To Be Biggest Kickstarter Campaign Ever
- Surreal Animal Hybrid Tattoos Look Like Quirky Sketchbook Drawings
- Photographer Andreas Levers Captures The Hazy Glow Of Unpopulated Streets At Night
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Frozen Beauty: The Look Inside Europe’s Largest Glacier
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair
- Edible Art By Sandra Van Den Broek