Ansel Adams: A Different Kind Of Landscape
Landscape photography hasn’t been as prominent on this blog as portraiture or photojournalism, so it’s time to remedy that with a post that’s worth a dozen other posts on the subject. With a requirement like that, it should be fitting to feature someone who has made the landscape photography field what it is today. The only way then would be to present the man who made mountains and valleys look like an altogether different kind of landscape with his black-and-white images, photographer Ansel Adams.
Ansel Adams has become a byword for good photography, whether you’re discussing street photography, portraiture or landscape photography, not only because of his development of the Zone System which all good photographers know to some degree, but also because of his photographs which can be earnestly described as portraits of the Earth herself. His natural talent for getting the right shot in the frame at the right exposure might stem from his early exposure to the beauty of Yosemite National Park, a place which became a second home to him throughout his career.
His growing passion for the outdoors found a natural outlet with the Sierra Club, a group dedicated to wildlife conservancy. This passion for nature is obvious in Adams’ images, but he would also later campaign actively for the preservation of America’s natural wonders. In one case, his images helped convince Congress to create the King’s Canyon National Park. This is just one instance of how influential Adams’ photographs had become, even during his lifetime.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 47,581 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 19,371 - Photography
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 1,612 - Photography
- Instagram’s ‘Bros Being Basic’ Shows Men Recreating Clichéd Snaps Of Women Views today: 1,224 - Inspirations
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 1,107 - Inspirations
- Russian Dental Clinic N2 – Probably The Scariest Dental Clinic In The World Views today: 690 - Travel
- Awkward Metal Band Photos Views today: 658 - Photography
- Photographer Olgaç Bozalp Captures Fashion People In Iran, And It’s Not Easy Views today: 536 - Photography
- Finnish Woman Creates Controversial Self Portraits, Calls It Art Views today: 463 - Inspirations
- Meet Angela Nikolau, The Russian Girl Who Takes The World’s Riskiest Photos Views today: 399 - Photography
- Meet Oreo, The World’s First Cat Nurse Views today: 392 - Animals
- A Meditative Photo Series Shows Tokyo’s Loneliest Moments Views today: 369 - Photography
- American Women Mugshots In The 1960s Views today: 322 - Photography
- How To Cure ‘Mototoxicosis’ Views today: 299 - Photography
- Dreamlike Images That Will Inspire Your Surrealist Soul Views today: 287 - Inspirations