Design Stories in Ancient Messene
Weekend time and decided to get away from Athens. Destination, my village located in Messinia, Southern Peloponnese. Just before the weather started getting gloomy, I decided to go for a walk in one of my favorite places in the region. The ruins of ancient Messene.
I discovered this magical place more than ten years ago, when it was completely unknown to anyone but scholars and German tourists. During this time much work has been done to restore the monuments that used to lie in the Messenian olive groves.
Recently on Design You Trust
- 99 Classics Wood Headphone by Meze
- Meet Kazım Gürbüz, A 95-Year-Old Yoga Guru From Turkey
- This Feline-shaped Kindergarten Is The Cat’s Meow
- Like Owner, Like Dog: Photographer Captured Dog Owners Mimicking Their Best Friends
- The First Ever Colourful Winter Snowcone
- Stunning Street Art Works by Ukrainian Artist Sasha Corban
- One Of The World’s Last Remaining Globe-Makers That Use The Ancient Art Of Making Globes By Hand
- A Basketball Court Was Styled as a Malevich Painting in Paris
- Photo of the Day: The White King
- Coffee Kiss by Jang Woo-Seok