The Fox is a Trickster
Foxes are considered roguish and caddish. The fox is represented in folklore as a trickster.
This is part of a series of paintings by award winning illustrator Daniel Mackie depicting animals with their natural habitat inside them.
Throughout many cultures the fox is a symbol of cunning and trickery. Even the possessor of magic powers. The fox has come to represent intelligence triumphing over brawn. In fact, The Moche people of Peru believed the fox to be a warrior that would use his mind to fight. It is similar in Finnish mythology, where it is believed that the fox, while weaker, will always be able to outfox both wolf and bear.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Handcrafted Floor Rugs By SurfaceWerks
- DIY Bullet Casing Earphones
- We Are Animals: Honest Illustrations By Andrea Radeck
- Lucas Levitan Beautifully Adds Cartoons To Photographs
- Photographer Creates Imaginative Images Of Her Daughter And Her Shadow
- A Former Janitor Collects And Photographs The Items Seized From Immigrants And Thrown Away By U.S. Customs And Border Patrol
- Artist Leaves Dress In The Dead Sea For 2 Years And It Turns Into Glittering Salt Crystal Masterpiece
- Polish Street Artist Just Unveiled Art Installations In Poland Which Are Based On Advertising Columns
- Bad Moon Rising
- Project Mermaids Lets Ocean-Lovers Don Tails And Live Out Their Siren Fantasies
- Portuguese Street Artist Wrapped Up A Giant Squirrel On The Streets Of Tallinn In Estonia
- Gorgeous Recipes Show Avocado Slices Arranged In Swirls, Shaped Into Roses
- Funny And Creative Illustrations Of Visual Puns That Will Make You Laugh
- An Artist Combines Famous Brands Logotypes With Classical Painting
- The Elephant That Was Injured By A Landmine Gets Her New Artificial Leg