The Fox is a Trickster
Foxes are considered roguish and caddish. The fox is represented in folklore as a trickster.
This is part of a series of paintings by award winning illustrator Daniel Mackie depicting animals with their natural habitat inside them.
Throughout many cultures the fox is a symbol of cunning and trickery. Even the possessor of magic powers. The fox has come to represent intelligence triumphing over brawn. In fact, The Moche people of Peru believed the fox to be a warrior that would use his mind to fight. It is similar in Finnish mythology, where it is believed that the fox, while weaker, will always be able to outfox both wolf and bear.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Street Artist Built A Wall Around Donald Trump’s Hollywood Star
- Upclose And Personal With Woodland Creatures Photographed By Konsta Punkka
- Artist Creates Monster Sculptures That Look So Real They Ruined Your Sleep Forever
- Zookeeper Can’t Take It Anymore, Decides To Add Pokemon Go Signs Next To Animals
- Hilarious Illustrations That Will Help You Figure Out If You’re An Adult