Tommy Owens Eyewear: Handcrafted Eyewear for the Digital Age
With the emergence of companies like Shwood, Solo Eyewear, and others, it’s no secret that handcrafted wood eyewear is a trend with some staying power. While the popular handmade look harkens back to the simpler days of low-tech skilled craftsmanship, a new eyewear brand combines this handcraftsmanship with the digital age
Creator, Tom Fallon is taking wooden eyewear to a new level with custom handmade eyewear, Tommy Owens Eyewear. The thing that sets Tommy Owens apart from other manufacturers jumping on the wooden eyewear bandwagon is the “custom” aspect. Through the Tommy Owens website, customers will be able to fully customize their own wooden shades. Once the designs are created, customers are encouraged to share them on the major social media outlets where friends and followers can vote on the designs they like the best.
Customers will also be able to feel good about purchasing a pair of custom Tommy Owens, as the company plans to devote time and energy to spreading the importance of music and arts in schools “while mentoring underserved grade-level students through internships and mentoring programs.”
The company is currently ramping up for their Spring/Summer 2013 launch. visit the company Facebook page for more info.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Woman Knits Tiny Wool Sweaters to Keep Chickens Warm
- Feeding Polar Bears from a Tank, 1950
- Berlin Summer Apartment, by Loft Szczecin Studio
- The Strangest, yet Amusing Days on Earth!
- Astrid Holler by Nicole Bentley for Vogue Australia December 2015
- 20 Perfect Photographs that Reveal the True Beauty of Our World in All Its Glory
- 15 Wonderfully Satisfying Photographs to Put Your Tired Mind to Rest
- This Standing Table Has a “Personality” of Its Own
- Bamboo and Glass Toaster Lets You See How Your Bread is Being Toasted
- Incredible Levitation Photography by Mike Dempsey
- Interior Renovation by HAO Design
- Street Portraits from Dubai to Hong Kong
- WoodUp Qubi, To Most Elegant Charging Station For The Apple Watch
- Just Grow It: French Artist Transforms Nike Sneakers Into Blooming Plant Gardens
- Hide and Seek by Max Colson