Tommy Owens Eyewear: Handcrafted Eyewear for the Digital Age
With the emergence of companies like Shwood, Solo Eyewear, and others, it’s no secret that handcrafted wood eyewear is a trend with some staying power. While the popular handmade look harkens back to the simpler days of low-tech skilled craftsmanship, a new eyewear brand combines this handcraftsmanship with the digital age
Creator, Tom Fallon is taking wooden eyewear to a new level with custom handmade eyewear, Tommy Owens Eyewear. The thing that sets Tommy Owens apart from other manufacturers jumping on the wooden eyewear bandwagon is the “custom” aspect. Through the Tommy Owens website, customers will be able to fully customize their own wooden shades. Once the designs are created, customers are encouraged to share them on the major social media outlets where friends and followers can vote on the designs they like the best.
Customers will also be able to feel good about purchasing a pair of custom Tommy Owens, as the company plans to devote time and energy to spreading the importance of music and arts in schools “while mentoring underserved grade-level students through internships and mentoring programs.”
The company is currently ramping up for their Spring/Summer 2013 launch. visit the company Facebook page for more info.
Recently on Design You Trust
- Macro Photos of Frogs by Nicolas Reusens
- Free Photorealistic iPad Tablet Mockup PSD
- 30 Gorgeous Examples Of Fitness Mobile App UI for Inspiration
- Andrea Script: Free Hand-lettered Font
- Free HD Trifold Brochure Mockup
- Beautiful Tattooed Pinup Photos By Justice Howard
- “104-Year-Old” Grandpa Expresses Himself With Timeless Style
- Tiny Oyster Pearls Are Intricately Carved into Wearable Skull Sculptures
- The Ginger Project: Photographer Took Portraits To Fight Against Red-Head Discrimination
- The Rigel Noir Bow tie