Tyler Shields Art Sales Sky Rocketing!
Tyler Shields Art sales have been skyrocketing this year, LA Weekly named him “The New Warhol” GQ titled him in the 100 best things in the world and his last 3 art shows in L.A., Ohio and London have all sold out with record attendance. PhotoShelter Speech In this wild time where everyone is a photographer Shields talkes about how to gain a following and how to sell you’re work, he is the only photographer I know of selling work at 16 foot sizes and in the past 2 years his work has almost tripled in price.
Contact Sheet #2
Mouthful water was sold for upwards of 200k in 2012
Shields Ohio showing at the Miller Gallery attracted a lot of attention and was shut down by the fire department for over occupancy. This was a huge hit at the show every single photo had a red dot
In a piece about Shields done by ART INFO they explain how rare Shields work is as most contemporary artists have no following Shields has a huge following and still is able to gain huge collectors as this year he was added to the permanent collection at The TATE Museum in London a move which added him to the who’s who of the art world. After this collectors jumped and bought this image like wild fire selling out in 32 min!
Shields next gallery at Imitate modern in Feb will feature his Chromatic series upon searching the small prints have been selling for 15k and the large for 75
His last LA gallery was over 6000 in attendance Mouthful was an extreme hit sponsored by Armani Exchange
Click here to see more Mouthful
So far in 2013 Shields will be releasing his debut feature film Final Girl starring Abigail Breslin and Wes Bentley. Also later in the year his Coffee table book “The Dirty Side of Glamour” will be released by Haper Collins Publishers.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Taylor Wessing Portrait Prize 2015
- 2015 Fritz Pölking Nature Photography Prize
- Australian Life Prize 2015
- GDT European Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2015
- A Century of Gorgeous Portraits from The Photographers 2015
- Artist Uses Vintage File Folders And Index Cards To Create Geometric Collages
- Artist Creates Paper And Wooden Birds By Hand-Cutting Every Feather
- Origami Artist Creates A New Paper Crane Daily For 365 Days
- Watercolour Paintings That Depict The Energy Of Birds And Animals
- Primeval Symbiosis: A Tree-Inspired Single Pole Home
- Prints of Iconic Automobiles
- Lara Stone by Alique
- Gigi Hadid and Domhnall Gleeson by Mario Testino
- Apartment in Kiev by Rina Lovko
- The Typefaces