Tyler Shields Art Sales Sky Rocketing!
Tyler Shields Art sales have been skyrocketing this year, LA Weekly named him “The New Warhol” GQ titled him in the 100 best things in the world and his last 3 art shows in L.A., Ohio and London have all sold out with record attendance. PhotoShelter Speech In this wild time where everyone is a photographer Shields talkes about how to gain a following and how to sell you’re work, he is the only photographer I know of selling work at 16 foot sizes and in the past 2 years his work has almost tripled in price.
Contact Sheet #2
Mouthful water was sold for upwards of 200k in 2012
Shields Ohio showing at the Miller Gallery attracted a lot of attention and was shut down by the fire department for over occupancy. This was a huge hit at the show every single photo had a red dot
In a piece about Shields done by ART INFO they explain how rare Shields work is as most contemporary artists have no following Shields has a huge following and still is able to gain huge collectors as this year he was added to the permanent collection at The TATE Museum in London a move which added him to the who’s who of the art world. After this collectors jumped and bought this image like wild fire selling out in 32 min!
Shields next gallery at Imitate modern in Feb will feature his Chromatic series upon searching the small prints have been selling for 15k and the large for 75
His last LA gallery was over 6000 in attendance Mouthful was an extreme hit sponsored by Armani Exchange
Click here to see more Mouthful
So far in 2013 Shields will be releasing his debut feature film Final Girl starring Abigail Breslin and Wes Bentley. Also later in the year his Coffee table book “The Dirty Side of Glamour” will be released by Haper Collins Publishers.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Terrifying Russian Architecture Which Looks Better From Above
- Illustrations That Reveal Our Weird Social Media Lives
- This Company Creates Unique Carved Wood Cases For Your Phone
- French Artist Makes Louvre Pyramid ‘Disappear’ In Optical Illusion
- Paolo Pettigiani Sees New York City’s Central Park In Pink And Blue
- Creepstastic Body Paintings From A 16-Year-Old Artist
- “Fantplastique” By Ausra Osipaviciute
- Once Upon A Canvas: Exploring Fairy Tale Masterpieces By Ivan Bilibin
- In 1914, Baby Animal Photography Made For Exhausting Work
- Plastic Trash Gets New Life As Art
- Vivid Sydney: Festival Of Lights In the Heart Of Australia
- Venice Beach Roller Skaters: Cruising The Promenade Of LA’s Chillest Neighborhood
- Classical Portraiture Meets Modern Architecture In These Digital Collage Mash-Ups
- This Unique New Bookstore In China Is Filled With Optical Illusions
- Some Entries For 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest