PERTH ARENA, A MULTIFUNCTIONAL STADIUM INSPIRED BY A PUZZLE
The architectural inspiration comes from “Eternity”, a highly complicated puzzle – with a 2 million euro award for who can solve it – and from the Round House in Fremantle, one of the oldest and most unique buildings in Perth. The bright blue that covers it is instead an homage to Yves Klein, creator of the saturated and luminous ultramarine hue.
Extravagant creative stimuli for new multifunctional sports center Perth Arena in Australia, designed by ARM Architecture in collaboration with Cameron Chisholm Nicol.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Meet Escape Traveler – A Tiny Cabin On Wheels That Can Be Moved Anywhere
- “Ballads Of Shanghai”: Changing Face Of Urban China
- Artists Recreate Van Gogh’s Iconic Bedroom And Put It For Rent On Airbnb
- Ethereal Floral Tattoos Mimic Delicate Watercolor Paintings On Skin
- Look, These Landscapes Are Out Of This World!
- The Russians Make The Best Truck In The Universe For $50K
- Mini Glacier Candles Remind You Of Global Warming As They Melt
- Fashion Photographer Imagines Cars As Supermodels
- Illustrator Perfectly Captures The Beauty Of Single Life
- This Old Man Spent 13 Years Growing A Giant Dragon In His Yard
- This Artist Channels His Love Of Comics Into The Most Beautiful Illustrations For Dark
- This Collection Of Web Comics Really Explains What Its Like To Be A Gamer
- 26 Proofs That Love Is In The Little Things
- 100-Year-Old Hand-Colored Postcards Offer A Fascinating Glimpse Of Pre-War Japan
- Classic Literary Scarves Allow You To Literally Wrap Yourself Up In A Good Book