PERTH ARENA, A MULTIFUNCTIONAL STADIUM INSPIRED BY A PUZZLE
The architectural inspiration comes from “Eternity”, a highly complicated puzzle – with a 2 million euro award for who can solve it – and from the Round House in Fremantle, one of the oldest and most unique buildings in Perth. The bright blue that covers it is instead an homage to Yves Klein, creator of the saturated and luminous ultramarine hue.
Extravagant creative stimuli for new multifunctional sports center Perth Arena in Australia, designed by ARM Architecture in collaboration with Cameron Chisholm Nicol.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Surreal Photo Manipulations By Laurent Rosset Turn Landscapes Into Giant Waves
- Military Dads Have Tea With Their Daughters In Touching Photo Series
- A Restaurant Perched Atop A Mountain Peak
- Symbiosis Of Retro And Modernity: Russian Car By Bilenkin Vintage
- World’s Longest Tunnel Slide To Open In London This Summer
- Beautiful Women Portraits By Marta Bevacqua
- New Entries For The 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Why Is This Little House In The Middle Of The Street In New York?
- Meet Smoothie, The World’s Most Photogenic Cat
- Venezuelan Crisis Leaves Families With Empty Fridges
- Explorer Matthias Haker Discovers Crumbling Churches, Overgrown Synagogues and Golden Chapels
- Absolutey Stunning Artworks And Funny Soviet Posters In The Pin-Up Style By Valery Barykin
- World War II Paintings From The Soviet Union
- Sense Of Water: The First And Highly Anticipated Photo Book By Finnish Photographer Susanna Majuri
- Man Dresses Up Every Sunday To Take His Grandmother To Church