Toronto Pop Festival, June 1969
The Toronto Pop Festival was held on June 2st and 22nd in 1969 at the Varsity Stadium, a few months before Woodstock. Bands such as Blood Sweat and Tears, Sly and The Family Stone, Dr John, Rotary Connection, Steppenwolf and The Velvet Underground played at weekend event.
These great photos of the audience and acts were taken on the Saturday afternoon. The Artists pictured here include Chuck Berry with a friend, Ronnie Hawkins in a purple suit, Soulster Edwin Starr with his white suited backing band, Blue man Slim Harpo, Procol Harum and Motherlode with their cool beret wearing keyboard player.
More on vintag.es
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Illustrator Draws On Her Self-Portraits To Create Fun, Whimsical Images
- Chalk Artist Reimagines Darth Vader In Steamy 3D Portrait
- Artist Nimbly Creates Incredible Tiny Sculptures From Pencils
- This Golden Carved Nissan GT-R Made A Huge Impression At The Tokyo Motor Show 2016
- Wedding Photo Shoot Goes Wrong After A Snake Makes A Surprise Appearance