George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have opened up their personal collection of Norman Rockwell’s iconic paintings for all of us to enjoy. At the Smithsonian from now till January 2nd, the museum is exhibiting fifty-seven of his major works. See more at My Modern Metropolis.
One in a series of posters on the topic of truth and perception, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel we need to realise that sometimes the old ideas are still the best.
see full size image here
Abdul is the biggest skate shop in the north of Brazil and with the arrival of a new general director the company has taken on a younger, more intelligent and aspirational approach to marketing. This print advertisement presents the city of Fortaleza as a giant halfpipe, representing the way any setting can become a huge skating rink. The term “Drop the path” invites the public to view the underground world in a different way, with Abdul.
More info HERE
On now at the Orange County Museum of Art is “New Art For a New Century: Contemporary Acquisitions 2000-2010″, celebrating 90 works of art made from 2000 to 2010. There are many works from paintings, videos, photography, sculptures, and more. The exhibition runs until September 19th, 2010.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Photographer Captures An Empty New York City During The Snowpocalypse
- Before Photoshop – 14 Historic Photos That Have Been Manipulated
- Adorable 1970s Valentine’s Day Cards Featuring The McDonaldland Characters
- What Art History Would Look Like If Men And Women Had More Tattoos
- 12 Charts That Perfectly Sum Up Being In A Long Distance Relationship
- Death Anxiety Comics Inspired By Our Fears
- Forgotten Housing Estates In Paris Captured By Laurent Kronental
- Makeup Artist Turns Herself Into Creepy Monsters That’ll Give You Nightmares
- Benetton Uses Ethnicity Data To Create Computer-Generated ‘Models’ From Different Cities
- $2 Junk Shop Photo Turns Out To Be Worth $5,000,000
- Artists Create Unique Wallcut Murals In Abandoned Factory
- 15 Authentic Shots Of Motherhood In All Its Beauty
- Gerard Schlosser’s Intimate And Hyperrealistic Paintings Of The Body (NSFW)
- Breathtaking Photos Of London Town From Above
- Juniper, The Happiest Fox In The World