An animated film entitled “Dead All Along” by Giles Timms, and music performed by Ceri Frost. The music video includes ink drawings and cut-out figures, inspired by illustrator Edward Gorey. Compositing and animation was done in After Effects. It was developed during an animation workshop at UCLA’s Department of Theater, Film and Television in 2009.
New iPhone apps that are definitely worth checking out!
Famed industrial designer (and vacuum fanatic) James Dyson and his crew have revealed an entirely new kind of fan. The Dyson Air Multiplier Fan works by drawing air into its base, accelerating it with an internal jet and forcing it toward its focal point. At the same time, the Air Multiplier draws adjacent air into its stream and sending it toward the target– at a combined rate of 119 gallons per second. All tech talk aside, have you ever seen a sexier fan? More at TheCoolist.
Nice little pattern i made for the cover of an annual art book presenting 101 danish artists.
See some spreads and read more at WhatWeDo.dk
HTC has revealed its first set of covers for the HTC Tattoo, the company’s new entry-level Android phone now available in the UK from Vodafone.
See more details and pictures here.
Wonderwall INC. an interior design firm from Masamichi Katayama. Has put up an amazing flash portfolio website.
See more details and pictures here.
Romolo Stanco will be showing special editions of his minimalist LaDinDon rocking chair and Gulp! chair during Pavilion of Art & Design London from October 13th to 18th.
Nice japonese inspired origami works by french designer Charlène Fetiveau. See more details and pictures here.
Vadim Chekunov, ‘Kirza: A story of army life as it is’. Photo by Igor Mukhin.
Stieg Larsson, ‘Men Who Hate Women’ (korean edition). Illustration by Isabel Samaras.
Dmitry Glukhovsky, ‘The Twilight’. Illustration by Anton Khodakovsky.
After the Bubble Chair collaboration by Insa and Ben Rousseau, the artist and the designer got together once again to work this time on a lounge chair. See more pics here.
A very nice and playful portfolio by Brooklyn native Kim Hersbt.
Check out more of her work HERE
The 0w is a classic electric bulb shaped candlestick by demo design clinic.
Now that in many countries around the world, the incandescent lamps are about to disappear, it is the perfect time to enjoy the warmth and relaxing light of a fire in a bulb that uses only 0W of electricity.
The Ow candlestick is made of a heat resistant glass with a polished surface on the outside and satin finish in the inside. While the fire itself is invisible, its light is spread out around the glass surface, resulting in a mystique fuzzy yellow-orange light circle. The Base is made of fire resistant polyurethane which also makes it heavy and stable.
The Ow candlestick uses a standard tea light which ensures no spilling of wax.
All Rights Reserved
Fashion photographer Alex Cayley has quite the eye. His provocative shots are super sexy and full of class. Combining the elegant long lines of his models, with complementary background colors and textures, Cayley delivers powerful images, full of carefully placed detail.
More pics at My Modern Metropolis!
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Inside The Oreo Wonder Vault That Popped Up In NYC
- Curated Images And Textures From Google Maps
- This Is A Carpet Made Of Vintage Jeans Labels
- Tiny Swiss Cottage Built From Remnants Of An Alpine Log Cabin
- This Artist Creates A Ceramics Imprinted With Patterns Of Vintage Typewriter Letters
- An Abstracted Lamborghini Is The Basis For The Bizarre-Looking Lo Res Car From United Nude
- Changing Cities: The Overlapping Of Past And Present
- The Adorable Photo Series Shows Curvy Canines And Flexible Felines Participating In A Spot Of Yoga
- Car Repair Service In Ivory Coast
- Photographer Captures An Empty New York City During The Snowpocalypse
- Before Photoshop – 14 Historic Photos That Have Been Manipulated
- Adorable 1970s Valentine’s Day Cards Featuring The McDonaldland Characters
- What Art History Would Look Like If Men And Women Had More Tattoos
- 12 Charts That Perfectly Sum Up Being In A Long Distance Relationship
- Death Anxiety Comics Inspired By Our Fears