3 Mobile and Don’t Panic are looking for a designer to create a poster as part of a street ad campaign, and there’s a prize of £500 ($900).
Mobile Broadband is a service offered by 3 that gives customers access to the internet on their PC or laptop using a USB modem and 3’s HSDPA network. Mobile Broadband and dongles are becoming more widely understood but there is still an education job to do to communicate their benefits, and that’s where Don’t Panic comes in.
We wanted to organise a competition that allowed artists and creative types as much freedom as possible, while still creating a visual message which related to 3’s mobile dongle (they are offering you £500 after all!). We want you to create a personal, unique piece of work representing freedom, communication, locality or whatever you can draw from 3’s mobile-broadband Dongle. You can take any part of it as your inspiration: it’s name, it’s functionality, it’s colour scheme, mobilisation, the internet, whatever.
As well as a £500 cash prize, the winner (as selected from a publically voted shortlist) will also have their work reproduced as part of a limited edition collection of posters available through east London, as well as being used in a flyer poster campaign and included on stickers inside the Don’t Panic packs. The collection will be exhibited in the Truman Brewery in October where the winner can come down and showcase their skills in a live art studio with some of the UKs leading creative artists.
This is a chance for you to shine, to create something cool, desirable and beautiful and have it seen via various media throughout the world.
If you’re interested in submitting a piece of work, please head over to for the full brief.
The competition opens for submissions worldwide on 1 Sept and run until 28 Sept
LOUIS VUITTON AK-47
Justin Melnick is an avid photographer, digital artist, and has spent time oversees in the Middle East. All of these influences have come together in his latest project, titled ARM•ME Melnick imagines — quite vividly — what Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Pucci, and Chanel would add to standard ammunition. The exhibition starts September 2nd at Gallery 385 in New York City. The outcome is a compelling statement that questions how we — individually and as a nation — spend our money, contrasting the abundance of weaponry with the scarcity of high-end luxury goods and some pretty amazing imagery. Continue »
These hand-painted movie posters were used for traveling exhibitors in Ghana, often using local artists. They went from town to town with a videotape player that ran from a generator. The posters were used and re-used.
Custom Tee-Shirt Design!
Near the normal production of this tee in various colors,
this t-shirt design will be printed on specific request too with custom colors!
Check more on original source » http://www.anfex.it/blog/2008/trend-is-nerd/
Or appreciate it on BeHance » http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Trend-is-Nerd/122295
“Keeling’s beguiling, realist paintings capture suspended moments in fictional lives with a reverence for drama, suspense and elegance. Like film stills from an Alfred Hitchcock thriller, Keeling’s isolated female figures are placed in a series of interiors where the space is either suffused with subtle, refracted light or illuminated by the harsh glare of an electric bulb.” Continue »
“Bling bling – Everytime I come around yo city,
Bling bling – Pinky ring worth about fifty,
Bling bling – Everytime I buy a new ride,
Bling bling – Lorenzos on Yokahama tires,
Photo retouching by Yahor Shumski
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- With Fire On Their Blades: The Dark Fantasy Character Art Of Eve Ventrue
- A Collection Of Cartoons For Those Who Like Smart And Modern Humor
- Bearded Man Playfully Poses For Pin-Up Calendar To Raise Money For Children’s Charity
- Stunning Digital Female Portraits By Irakli Nadar
- Impeccably-Dressed Bunny Models The Tiny Dapper Outfits Made By His Human
- Humorous Photo Manipulations By James Popsys
- The Emancipation Of Dissonance: Surreal Artworks By Charlie Davoli
- Black Velvet Galaxy Nebula Cake
- Surreal Photo Manipulations By Laurent Rosset Turn Landscapes Into Giant Waves
- Military Dads Have Tea With Their Daughters In Touching Photo Series
- A Restaurant Perched Atop A Mountain Peak
- Symbiosis Of Retro And Modernity: Russian Car By Bilenkin Vintage
- World’s Longest Tunnel Slide To Open In London This Summer
- Beautiful Women Portraits By Marta Bevacqua
- New Entries For The 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest