‘Ballgowns: British Glamour’ Celebrates 60 Years of Couture and British Red Carpet Fashion
Here: Atsuko Kudo gown worn by Georgia Frost with dresses by Hardy Amies and Worth of London. Lent by the designer. Carlos Jimenez, © V&A, 2011.
From ballgowns designed for Elizabeth the Queen Mother to red carpet creations worn by celebrities like Elizabeth Hurley, “Ballgowns: British Glamour” is an exclusive exhibition showcased by the Victoria & Albert Museum that is scheduled to start from 19 May. The exhibition will be featured in the newly renovated fashion galleries within the museum and will display 60 years of stylish evening wear. The event will feature more than sixty designs for social events such as private parties, royal balls, state occasions and opening nights.
Satin and flocked tulle gown by Vivienne Westwood. Created for Lay Bianca Job-Tyoran to wear to Queen Charlotte’s Ball, 1994. Museum no. T14-1997. Given by Lady Bianca Job-Tyoran.
Beaded silk satin gown by Norman Hartnell, 1953. Museum no. T.253-1981. Given by Lilli Palmer.
Silk satin and beaded ‘Rumina’ gown by Erdem, A/W 2008. This dress was a highlight of the V&A’s Fashion in Motion: Erdem show in December 2009. Lent by the designer. © V&A Images
State evening ensemble ‘Elvis Dress’ for Princess Diana by Catherine Walker, 1989. Museum no. T.1-2006. Given by the Franklin Mint.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Bums for The Bush: The Cheeky Campaign Helping Aussie Farmers
- Japanese Artist Crafts Awesome Cyberpunk Demon Masks
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Realistic And Scary 3D Versions Of Childhood Movie Characters And Various Objects By Brazilian Artist
- Misty Lochs, Magical Woods and Spectacular Lightning Strikes: Feast Your Eyes on The Incredible Winning Shots for The 2020 Landscape Photographer of The Year Awards
- An Artist Transforms The Shapes Of Animals Into Cubes To Makes Them Definitely Look Straight Out Of Minecraft
- The Scariest Halloween Pumpkins Ever Carved
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson