‘Ballgowns: British Glamour’ Celebrates 60 Years of Couture and British Red Carpet Fashion
Here: Atsuko Kudo gown worn by Georgia Frost with dresses by Hardy Amies and Worth of London. Lent by the designer. Carlos Jimenez, © V&A, 2011.
From ballgowns designed for Elizabeth the Queen Mother to red carpet creations worn by celebrities like Elizabeth Hurley, “Ballgowns: British Glamour” is an exclusive exhibition showcased by the Victoria & Albert Museum that is scheduled to start from 19 May. The exhibition will be featured in the newly renovated fashion galleries within the museum and will display 60 years of stylish evening wear. The event will feature more than sixty designs for social events such as private parties, royal balls, state occasions and opening nights.
Satin and flocked tulle gown by Vivienne Westwood. Created for Lay Bianca Job-Tyoran to wear to Queen Charlotte’s Ball, 1994. Museum no. T14-1997. Given by Lady Bianca Job-Tyoran.
Beaded silk satin gown by Norman Hartnell, 1953. Museum no. T.253-1981. Given by Lilli Palmer.
Silk satin and beaded ‘Rumina’ gown by Erdem, A/W 2008. This dress was a highlight of the V&A’s Fashion in Motion: Erdem show in December 2009. Lent by the designer. © V&A Images
State evening ensemble ‘Elvis Dress’ for Princess Diana by Catherine Walker, 1989. Museum no. T.1-2006. Given by the Franklin Mint.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Weird And Wonderful Illustrated Letters From A 16th Century Songbook
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh
- This Comic Artist Fulfills Fans Requests In Witty Doodles That Will Brighten Your Day
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- Sun Ligns for ‘Manhattanhenge’ in New York
- A Suspended Bonsai Installed Inside an Abandoned Power Plant
- Mom Creates Famous Cartoon Characters From Healthy Meals
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021
- This Is What Iranian Women Looked Like In The 1970s