«Welcome! Sochi 2014»: The Dark Side of Sochi Olympic Games
Exactly one year before the long awaited Sochi Olympics, Vladimir Putin went to Sochi personally to see how the construction is going. After receiving a report saying the ski jumps that were supposed to be ready in 2011, are not completed still, while their price has sky-rocketed from 1.2 billion to 8 billion roubles, he commented, “Good for you. Good job”, and then fired the vice president of the Olympic committee.
Russian artist Vasily Slonov painted his view of the upcoming games, giving a new interpretation to the adored Russian mascot Cheburashka, and combining officially endorsed stereotypes of Russia with grimmer and less accepted ones.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- Spectacular Photographs of Newcastle in the 1970s
- Beautiful and Frightening: Mako Vice’s Bizarre Drawn Girls
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- Story of My F*cking Life: A Journal for Banishing the Bullsh*t, Unlocking Your Creativity, and Celebrating the Absurdity of Life
- Grimes, Rita Ora & Iggy Pop: The First Look On The Pirelli’s 2022 ‘On The Road’ Calendar
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- Best Photos From 2021 International Wedding Photographer Of The Year Contest
- The Many Faces of the Tiger: Funny Drawings by Bu2ma
- Artist Creates Colorful Illustrations Of Inviting And Cozy Japanese Houses