«Welcome! Sochi 2014»: The Dark Side of Sochi Olympic Games
Exactly one year before the long awaited Sochi Olympics, Vladimir Putin went to Sochi personally to see how the construction is going. After receiving a report saying the ski jumps that were supposed to be ready in 2011, are not completed still, while their price has sky-rocketed from 1.2 billion to 8 billion roubles, he commented, “Good for you. Good job”, and then fired the vice president of the Olympic committee.
Russian artist Vasily Slonov painted his view of the upcoming games, giving a new interpretation to the adored Russian mascot Cheburashka, and combining officially endorsed stereotypes of Russia with grimmer and less accepted ones.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Natural And Authentic Female Portraits By Tony Andreas Rudolph
- Rare Photos Of Melania Trump As A Model At 16-Years-Old In Slovenia
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Stunning Color Photographs Capture Daily Life In Poland In The Early 1980s
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- “Jenny On The Job”: 8 Posters Of An Ideal Woman Emancipated By World War 2
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends