International Origami Exhibition: Showcasing a Broad Spectrum of Possibilities
Surface to Structure: Folded Forms is an exhibition of origami artwork that brings together the work of 88 artists spanning five continents to the The Cooper Union in Manhattan. The 134 works in the show encapsulate a broad spectrum of origami’s possibilities, both artistic and scientific, and push the perceptions of this art form beyond its traditional boundaries.
Surface to Structure marks the 55th anniversary of the very first origami exhibition held in the United States, which was also housed within The Cooper Union. The historic works of that seminal exhibition served as a foundation for the contemporary origami of today, which has progressed into a far greater range and complexity of styles, techniques, and genres.
St. Michael – The Archangel Tran Trung Hieu Vietnam (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
Event Horizon Byriah Loper USA (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
Enfaltung Jule Waibel UK (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
“Rabbits in Motion” Designed by Ronald Koh, Folded by Ng Boon Choon, Singapore, Malaysia (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
“Kiwi” Bernie Peyton, USA (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
“Freeform Origami Corrugation (Nudibranch)” by Tomohiro Tachi, Japan. (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
“Vole” by Bernie, Peyton USA (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
“Gorilla” by Nguyen Hung Cuong, Vietnam (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
“Lion” by Hoang Tien Quyet, Vietnam (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
“Relief of a Wave” Jun Mitani, Japan (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
“Flying Mantis” by Brian Chan, USA (Photo by Christopher Bierlein)
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook & Telegram:
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portrait Photography by Álvaro Rodríguez Navarro
- Gorgeous Photos Make Star Wars Toys Look Like Real, Life-Sized Ships
- Summer Vibes With Tattoo Model Torrie Blake
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Cool Retro Pics Of The Sexiest Postures That Women Can Seduce Their Men
- Artist Scott Listfield Paints Post-Apocalyptic Scenes Of The Bay Area
- The Superb Sensual And NSFW Paintings By Jamie Adams
- Conceptual And Fine Art Female Portrait Photography By Maxwell Swift
- If Movie Posters Told The Truth…
- Soviet Fashion: Style Pages From 1980s U.S.S.R.
- Haunting Photos Of Moscow’s Young Ravers And Their Lives After Dark
- Inside The Chinese Sex Doll Factory
- Designer Challenges Himself To Create Logos With Hidden Meanings For A Year
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- So Teeth-Nails Exist… And It Gets Even Worse…