Rogues’ Gallery: Hundred Year Old Rare Scrapbook of Criminals Up For Sale
A rare collection of pictures and handwritten notes from convicted persons, describing their physical appearances, criminal records and aliases, belonging to Inspector Robert Mather of the Manchester Police has been put for sale in London. The collection will be available for auction on 27 March.
The 57-page scrapbook contains details of 65 convicts and old-time crooks and will be auctioned by Bonhams. The details were reportedly collected between 1909 and 1912 and include some notorious names like “Safebreaker” Thomas Frieth, Michel Riley aka James Dolan and a “half-caste” criminal from Martinique Cuba called Jose Dias, aka Joseph Dejouru.
The book is expected to fetch around £1,000.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Artist Illustrates How Doing Anything Is Much Better When There Are Animals Around
- This Artist Uses Her Face As A Canvas
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World
- Evocative Sculptures And Wearable Pieces Were Created With Ordinary Fabric
- Funny Dark Humor Comics By Artist Jenna Noble
- Artist Creates Fantastic Surreal Edits Using Animals, Plants, People, And Objects