Rogues’ Gallery: Hundred Year Old Rare Scrapbook of Criminals Up For Sale
A rare collection of pictures and handwritten notes from convicted persons, describing their physical appearances, criminal records and aliases, belonging to Inspector Robert Mather of the Manchester Police has been put for sale in London. The collection will be available for auction on 27 March.
The 57-page scrapbook contains details of 65 convicts and old-time crooks and will be auctioned by Bonhams. The details were reportedly collected between 1909 and 1912 and include some notorious names like “Safebreaker” Thomas Frieth, Michel Riley aka James Dolan and a “half-caste” criminal from Martinique Cuba called Jose Dias, aka Joseph Dejouru.
The book is expected to fetch around £1,000.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original