This Hipster Barbie Account Perfectly Mocks Every Annoying Person On Instagram
You know that one friend on Instagram who is always making you feel kind of bad that you just sat home and watched Netflix all weekend? Well, even they are no match for Hipster Barbie. Hipster Barbie, also known as Socality Barbie, is taking Instagram by storm thanks to her super #deep travel shots.
“I believe in the person I want to become.”
The hilarious Instagram is a not-so-subtle dig at travel bloggers who love to preach about living an “authentic” life through staged, outdoorsy glamour shots.
“It’s like we’re all competing to make the best computer screen saver and the winner gets crowned most authentic.”
“Road trip. Ready for this weekends adventure in the mountains!”
“Be Real. Be Unique. Be Authentic. Be Humble.”
“Could I be any more authentic?!”
“Don’t let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.”
“Taking a relaxing bath and feeling SO #BLESSED.”
The mastermind behind the account is an Oregon wedding photographer who told BuzzFeed News she wants to remain anonymous.
She said that her biggest Instagram pet peeve is when people do absurd things just to get a “creative” Instagram picture.
“I was getting tired of see people taking the same pictures, in the same places, and using the same captions all while hash tagging ‘Live Authentic,’” she said.
“I’ve sat in coffee shops and watched people set their coffee on the floor while they stand on a chair just to make their morning cup of coffee appear more interesting than it really is,” she said.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Awesome Illustrations About Women by Majéon
- “One Day with Salvador Dalí”: A Surreal Photo Shoot of Salvador Dalì in His Seaside Villa, 1955
- “So Many Tons of Democracy Waiting to Get Delivered”: The Superb Sci-Fi Concept Artworks of Ronan Le Fur
- Ukrainian Artist Spent Seven Month to Create This Relief Wood Carving
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “False Gods”: The Superb Retro Aesthetic Artworks of Fârzad Borousan
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “Excommunicated” Cat Waits to Be Absolved of Feline Sins Outside Temple Gate
- 45 Glamorous Photos Of Young Sophie Marceau In The 1980s
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati