This Hipster Barbie Account Perfectly Mocks Every Annoying Person On Instagram
You know that one friend on Instagram who is always making you feel kind of bad that you just sat home and watched Netflix all weekend? Well, even they are no match for Hipster Barbie. Hipster Barbie, also known as Socality Barbie, is taking Instagram by storm thanks to her super #deep travel shots.
“I believe in the person I want to become.”
The hilarious Instagram is a not-so-subtle dig at travel bloggers who love to preach about living an “authentic” life through staged, outdoorsy glamour shots.
“It’s like we’re all competing to make the best computer screen saver and the winner gets crowned most authentic.”
“Road trip. Ready for this weekends adventure in the mountains!”
“Be Real. Be Unique. Be Authentic. Be Humble.”
“Could I be any more authentic?!”
“Don’t let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.”
“Taking a relaxing bath and feeling SO #BLESSED.”
The mastermind behind the account is an Oregon wedding photographer who told BuzzFeed News she wants to remain anonymous.
She said that her biggest Instagram pet peeve is when people do absurd things just to get a “creative” Instagram picture.
“I was getting tired of see people taking the same pictures, in the same places, and using the same captions all while hash tagging ‘Live Authentic,’” she said.
“I’ve sat in coffee shops and watched people set their coffee on the floor while they stand on a chair just to make their morning cup of coffee appear more interesting than it really is,” she said.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- These Beautiful 16th Century Watercolors Illustrate the History of Comets And Meteors
- “Pathologic”: Imaginative, Bizarre and Otherworldy Paintings of Peter Ferguson
- Olympus Mons – The Largest Volcano in The Solar System
- These Are the World’s Oldest Masks Ever Discovered, And Are Estimated to Be 9000 Years Old
- A Private Collection Of 19th Century Photographs Of Black Victorians
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- The Simpsons Meets Fine Art in Amazing Mash-Ups
- That Moment When Your Dog Has So Much Fur That You Can Practice Braiding With His Tail
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today