This Hipster Barbie Account Perfectly Mocks Every Annoying Person On Instagram
You know that one friend on Instagram who is always making you feel kind of bad that you just sat home and watched Netflix all weekend? Well, even they are no match for Hipster Barbie. Hipster Barbie, also known as Socality Barbie, is taking Instagram by storm thanks to her super #deep travel shots.
“I believe in the person I want to become.”
The hilarious Instagram is a not-so-subtle dig at travel bloggers who love to preach about living an “authentic” life through staged, outdoorsy glamour shots.
“It’s like we’re all competing to make the best computer screen saver and the winner gets crowned most authentic.”
“Road trip. Ready for this weekends adventure in the mountains!”
“Be Real. Be Unique. Be Authentic. Be Humble.”
“Could I be any more authentic?!”
“Don’t let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.”
“Taking a relaxing bath and feeling SO #BLESSED.”
The mastermind behind the account is an Oregon wedding photographer who told BuzzFeed News she wants to remain anonymous.
She said that her biggest Instagram pet peeve is when people do absurd things just to get a “creative” Instagram picture.
“I was getting tired of see people taking the same pictures, in the same places, and using the same captions all while hash tagging ‘Live Authentic,’” she said.
“I’ve sat in coffee shops and watched people set their coffee on the floor while they stand on a chair just to make their morning cup of coffee appear more interesting than it really is,” she said.
- Gibson Girls: The Sexiest Women Of All Time
- Hilarious Prank Gift Packages To Surprise Your Friends This Christmas
- Photos Of Time Before The Invention Of That Grossly Antisocial Device: The Smartphone
- Man Spends $4,000 On Giant Statue To Give Town The Middle Finger – It’s Art, Officials Say
- People Getting Stabbed In Medieval Art Who Just Don’t Give A Damn
- Surreal Photos Of Abandoned Houses In The Arctic By Norwegian Photographer Britt Marie Bye
- This Make-up Artist Transforms Herself Into Dark Characters
- Beautiful Feminine Photo Portraits By The Russian Fashion Photographer Svetlana Belyaeva
- Aerosutra: How People Survive On Long-Haul Flights While Trying To Sleep
- Gorgeous Beauty And Lifestyle Female Portraits By Nathan Lobato