Inside the Abandoned Belgium Mansion with the Urban Explorer Andre Govia
The beds are made up, but this abandoned mansion has not had an occupant sleeping in its grand rooms for years. The tenants at the Round Mansion in western Belgium are long gone, but the bedrooms are still occupied by expensive furniture and ornaments. These serie photographs were captured by London urban explorer Andre Govia, after he decided to start documenting his love of abandoned buildings.
With an abandoned tricycle sitting in an empty corridor, this derelict but once grand mansion could be the setting for The Shining.
Piles of clothes lie abandoned on a chair in one of the many bedrooms alongside papers and even a wine glass.
The bedrooms looks like the occupants have just left, but tell-tale signs of decay and dust suggest another story.
Mr Govia explains: ‘When people see these photographs they think that it’s a waste of a building and history. I like this reaction as I always try to capture the ambiance and textures of the location so people can feel what it’s like inside’
‘The most interesting part for me was the sheer size of the mansion. I couldn’t believe the nine bedrooms and large rooms were used by just the one family who lived here,’ said Mr Govia.
‘This mansion was an amazing place to visit,’ said Mr Govia. ‘It was very cold and creepy, heavy damp air and noises from the wind made it seem so chilling’
These eerie photographs were captured by London urban explorer Andre Govia, 37, after he decided to start documenting his love of abandoned buildings.
Peeling wallpaper and dusty debris on the furniture shows the extent of the decay to the grand house.
A once grand staircase now stands alone in the beautiful abandoned mansion.
With everything from worn slippers to books and old clothes, this old mansion has apparently lay abandoned since the early 1990s.
The tenants at the Round Mansion in west Belgium are long gone, but the bedrooms are still occupied by expensive furniture and ornaments.
Via The Daily Mail.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Michael Benisty Creates Stunning And Majestic Sculpture Installations
- Amazing Rare Photographs of The Romanovs’ Final Ball In Color, St Petersburg, Russia 1903
- “Creating a New Visual Reality”: Dark and Cinematic Illustrations by Katherine Lam
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- Frozen Caveman Sculpture Compared To Monolith Appears In Minneapolis
- Here Is The Most Terrifying Place On Earth
- Meet Angela Nikolau, The Russian Girl Who Takes The World’s Riskiest Photos
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- “When God Comes Back”: Dark Brutal Macabre Illustrations by Ash Thorp