Inside the Abandoned Belgium Mansion with the Urban Explorer Andre Govia
The beds are made up, but this abandoned mansion has not had an occupant sleeping in its grand rooms for years. The tenants at the Round Mansion in western Belgium are long gone, but the bedrooms are still occupied by expensive furniture and ornaments. These serie photographs were captured by London urban explorer Andre Govia, after he decided to start documenting his love of abandoned buildings.
With an abandoned tricycle sitting in an empty corridor, this derelict but once grand mansion could be the setting for The Shining.
Piles of clothes lie abandoned on a chair in one of the many bedrooms alongside papers and even a wine glass.
The bedrooms looks like the occupants have just left, but tell-tale signs of decay and dust suggest another story.
Mr Govia explains: ‘When people see these photographs they think that it’s a waste of a building and history. I like this reaction as I always try to capture the ambiance and textures of the location so people can feel what it’s like inside’
‘The most interesting part for me was the sheer size of the mansion. I couldn’t believe the nine bedrooms and large rooms were used by just the one family who lived here,’ said Mr Govia.
‘This mansion was an amazing place to visit,’ said Mr Govia. ‘It was very cold and creepy, heavy damp air and noises from the wind made it seem so chilling’
These eerie photographs were captured by London urban explorer Andre Govia, 37, after he decided to start documenting his love of abandoned buildings.
Peeling wallpaper and dusty debris on the furniture shows the extent of the decay to the grand house.
A once grand staircase now stands alone in the beautiful abandoned mansion.
With everything from worn slippers to books and old clothes, this old mansion has apparently lay abandoned since the early 1990s.
The tenants at the Round Mansion in west Belgium are long gone, but the bedrooms are still occupied by expensive furniture and ornaments.
Via The Daily Mail.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- Gorgeous Moody & Stylish Female Portrait Photography By Danny Batista
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- “Weedsomar”: The Spiritual Worlds of Julian Majin
- A Russian Photographer Gazes at Our Excessive Consumption