Cheerful Photographs of Hipsters Taking It Way Too Far
A subculture of men and women typically in their 20’s and 30’s that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter
Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses.
The “effortless cool” urban bohemian look of a hipster is exemplified in Urban Outfitters and American Apparel ads which cater towards the hipster demographic.
A pretty fair and balanced (if slightly tongue in cheek) description don’t you think? But as you’re about to see, like any sub-culture there are people who adopt a trend for fun and those that take it to a whole other level.
These images are proof that when it comes the kingdom of the hipster, there are a few that truly reign supreme and come dangerously close to self-parody.
Via So Bad So Good
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- 18 Astoundingly Accurate Diagrams Showing What It’s Really Like To Be An Introvert
- Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Won
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Beautiful Portraits of Highland Park High School Teenage Girls, 1947
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- Surreal Art By Tony Futura Makes Fun Of Consumerism And Pop Culture
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years