Beaming 93-Year-Old Gleefully Models Granddaughter’s Colorful Weavings
Artist Chinami Mori weaves delightfully colorful creations, her cheerful 93-year-old grandmother models them, and together they’re a match made in Instagram heaven.
Using a rainbow-colored assortment of fabric, string, and yarn, Mori engages in a freestyle Japanese weaving technique known as Saori. This method allows her to weave without restrictions as she pairs together various materials to produce fun combinations.
“There are no rules,” explains the craftswoman. “I can weave as freely and as colorfully as I want.”
To see this exciting form of art in action, Mori’s grandmother Emiko spends time in her studio almost every day.
“She’s my favorite person in the whole world,” the artist reveals. “I make grandma happy, and that’s just so much fun for me, too.”
Before long, Mori realized that her adorable grandma would serve as the perfect model for her creations. That’s when she began to post photos of Emiko wearing her multicolored designs on Instagram and, right away, her followers couldn’t get enough. Between the 93-year-old’s jovial expressions and Mori’s vibrant weavings, each snapshot is an artistic burst of joy.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Hilarious Dictionary of Finnish Language And Culture
- Space Colony Art from the 1970s
- “Suburbia”: The Melancholic and Mythological Artworks by Carlos Barahona Possollo