Muslim Lolita Fashion Is A New Trend Inspired By Japan
In an awesome fashion mash-up that nobody could’ve foreseen, Muslim fans of the Japanese lolita fashion trend have begun pairing these sweet-as-candy outfits with their hijabs, creating a unique new style that Japanese lolita fans are falling in love with.
The lolita trend, at its most basic, involves wearing modernized Victorian- or Rococo-style dresses and outfits that are heavily accessorized and painstakingly coordinated into elaborate costumes. The trend’s fans (called ‘lolitas’) then meet up at various events to spend time together and appreciate each others’ outfits (or, as they call them, ‘coords’).
Two Muslim lolitas, Noor and Alyssa, have pioneered the combination of lolita costumes with their Muslim hijabs. While fittingly stylish and flamboyant, their costumes still fully adhere to their religious principles.
Via Bored Panda
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Artist Shows What Everything Would Look Like If It Had A Cat’s Face
- Artist Hides Clever And Funny Signs Around His City For People To Find
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- Stunning Vintage Black-and-White Photos of Edwin Smith
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread