David Bowie And His Ex-Wife Angie Taking Their Then 3-Week-Old Baby Zowie Out For A Walk In 1971
Will you stay in our lovers’ story?” David Bowie asks in a song addressed to his newborn son Zowie. “If you stay you won’t be sorry, ’cause we believe in you.”
Kooks, from the 1971 album Hunky Dory, looks ahead to parenthood, alongside his then wife Angie, with optimism. It offers advice to a child growing up in unconventional circumstances.
“I bought you a pair of shoes, a trumpet you can blow and a book of rules on what to say to people when they pick on you,” sings Bowie. “‘Cause if you stay with us you’re gonna be pretty kooky too.”
Kooks isn’t among Bowie’s most famous songs. The better known Changes, Life on Mars and Oh, You Pretty Things all appeared on the same album.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Absolutey Stunning Artworks And Funny Soviet Posters In The Pin-Up Style By Valery Barykin
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Hammond Fever! Vintage Sexy And NSFW Hammond Organ Album Covers
- This ‘Swim Reaper’ Instagram Account Is Absolute Gold
- “Neon Dreams”: Photographer Matthieu Bühler Explores The Streets Of Tokyo At Night
- Remarkable Photos Of Manhattan By Berenice Abbott From 1935
- Stunning Finalists Of The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- “The Struggle For Utopia”: Everyday Soviet Life In Magnificent Photos By Semyon Friedland
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Movies And TV Shows Were Made In Real Life
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Russian Artist Makes Beautiful Space Themed Calendar For The Year 2018
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Architect Carlo Mollino’s Secret Stash Of NSFW Erotic Polaroids
- “Peace, Love, Music And Mud”: LIFE At Woodstock In 1969
- Artist Aditya Aryanto Continues To Transform Animals Into Geometric Shapes – Meet Animal Balls!
- This Lighting Collection Is Designed To Look Like Sausages In A Butcher Shop
- Satirical NSFW Illustrations Of Today’s Problems By Gunduz Agayev
- This Street Library In Bulgaria Encourages People To Read
- Colorful Concept Artworks By Kaloyan Stoyanov
- Australian Bureau Of Meteorology’s 2018 Calendar
- Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry