JiyounKim Studio Launches Their Latest Design – The Lightning Lamp
Korean designer Jiyoun Kim has launched his latest design named the Lightning Lamp, at the London Design Fair.
The designer explains that his inspiration for the collection of table lamps comes from an old Korean phrase – “Being struck by a thunder out of blue sky” – which describes people confronting unexpected catastrophic events.
Once the designer decided on a design of a lightning bolt traveling from a cloud down to the ground (or base of the lamp), he worked with glass blowers to come up with the shape of the cloud.
The finished table lamp has a stainless steel neck of the lamp, or lightning bolt, that holds the glass cloud.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Before And After: How The Russian Army Changes Soldiers
- Russian Illustrator Recreates All Episodes Of The Mandalorian As Vintage Comic Book Covers
- 19-Year-Old Student Hides Spy Camera In His Clothing To Take Secret Street Photos In The 1890s
- Fascinating Photos That Capture Everyday Of Oahu Beaches, Hawaii In The Early 1970s
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- No Pants Subway Ride Around The World 2020 In Photos
- Thai Woman Creates Hilarious Instagram Vs. Reality Collages
- Leather Banana Holder For Your Bicycle