JiyounKim Studio Launches Their Latest Design – The Lightning Lamp
Korean designer Jiyoun Kim has launched his latest design named the Lightning Lamp, at the London Design Fair.
The designer explains that his inspiration for the collection of table lamps comes from an old Korean phrase – “Being struck by a thunder out of blue sky” – which describes people confronting unexpected catastrophic events.
Once the designer decided on a design of a lightning bolt traveling from a cloud down to the ground (or base of the lamp), he worked with glass blowers to come up with the shape of the cloud.
The finished table lamp has a stainless steel neck of the lamp, or lightning bolt, that holds the glass cloud.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Artist Creates Honest Illustrations About Relationships And Everyday Life
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Cute Naughty Girls by Philip Bawasanta
- Stunning Images of Freshly Frozen Cars Arrived to Vladivostok Sea Port
- The Grim Towers of Lovecraftian World: Minimalist Architectural Art by James Lipnickas
- Minimalist Spiral and Colorful Sculptures by Lee Sangsoo
- Diagonal World: Russian Designer Sergey Minkin Shoots Everything at 45 Degrees
- Melancholy Beauties by the Artist Wataboku