JiyounKim Studio Launches Their Latest Design – The Lightning Lamp
Korean designer Jiyoun Kim has launched his latest design named the Lightning Lamp, at the London Design Fair.
The designer explains that his inspiration for the collection of table lamps comes from an old Korean phrase – “Being struck by a thunder out of blue sky” – which describes people confronting unexpected catastrophic events.
Once the designer decided on a design of a lightning bolt traveling from a cloud down to the ground (or base of the lamp), he worked with glass blowers to come up with the shape of the cloud.
The finished table lamp has a stainless steel neck of the lamp, or lightning bolt, that holds the glass cloud.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Seeing America In Isolation: American Artist George Ault Showed Us The America He Saw In Shades Of Darknes
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- Artist Shows How Classical Paintings Would Look During Quarantine
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Italian Photographer Started To Take Photos Of Models Remotely With A Webcam During The Quarantine
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Powerful Photos Show Pope Francis Praying Alone In St. Peter’s Square
- 6 Feet Covers: Duo Artists Re-Designed Iconic Album Covers To Promote Social Distancing
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- Cop In Coronavirus Helmet Warns People To Stay Inside