JiyounKim Studio Launches Their Latest Design – The Lightning Lamp
Korean designer Jiyoun Kim has launched his latest design named the Lightning Lamp, at the London Design Fair.
The designer explains that his inspiration for the collection of table lamps comes from an old Korean phrase – “Being struck by a thunder out of blue sky” – which describes people confronting unexpected catastrophic events.
Once the designer decided on a design of a lightning bolt traveling from a cloud down to the ground (or base of the lamp), he worked with glass blowers to come up with the shape of the cloud.
The finished table lamp has a stainless steel neck of the lamp, or lightning bolt, that holds the glass cloud.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- An Architect Creates This Stunning Address Book Swimming Pool
- “Unnatural History”: Pop Culture Icons Undergo Taxonomic Studies With Vintage-Style Illustrations
- Vietnamese Man Made A Fence From Old iPhones
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Mugshot Models: A Selection Of Images Showcase The Most Glamorous Mugshots Found Online
- Stefan Koidl Continues To Create Spooky Illustrations, And You Shouldn’t Click If You’re Easily Frightened
- The Father’s Nursing Assistant: Japanese Device Allows Fathers To Breastfeed Their Babies
- Artist Duo STALLMAN Create ‘Canvas On Edge’ Collection