“Me & My TRS-80”: Kids And Their Computers In The 1980s
I don’t know about you, but nothing warms my heart more than the sight of a photograph of kid at a personal computer in the 1980s. A pleasant whiff of nostalgia mixed with interesting paleo-technology, makes for a great image. Let’s have a look at a handful of images of kids and families as history was being made: when computers first entered our schools and homes…
On the old Radio Shack display: “Marvin couldn’t understand Earth people very well. That’s why Marvin came to me. He knew that I was Computer Charlie. He knew that I was one of the biggest brains around.”
From Kilobaud Microcomputing magazine, 1979.
(L) From a 1981 Radio Shack catalog, (R) from a 1988 issue of Računari.
From a 1988 Radio Shack catalog.
1987 Teenagers who could really have used wireless keyboards.
I can’t quite tell what this boy is doing on the computer – I just know he’s loving every minute of it.
(L) From the cover of the Apple II reference manual, (R) This kid is “EXCITED!” by his school’s new TRS-80.
From the 1983 book: How to Feel at Home with a Home Computer.
From New York magazine, January 1984.
Radio Shack 1981.
Run magazine, March 1985.
From Family Computing magazine, October 1983.
From the cover of Kilobaud Microcomputing magazine, June 1980.
From the cover of The Home Computer Course 5: Mastering Your Home Computer in 24 Weeks.
From the book, Living with Computers by Patrick G. Mckeown.
From the cover of Creative Computing magazine, March 1980.
TRS-80 Microcomputer News, July 1983.
Detail from a 1985 Datasouth advertisement.
From Family Computing magazine, September 1983.
Detail from a 1985 Tandy 1000 advertisement.
Ad from Family Computing magazine, September 1983.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Someone Used The New Snapchat Filter On Game Of Thrones Characters
- “The Upside Down”: An Incredible “Stranger Things” Byers’ Home LEGO Set That Can Be Flipped Over
- 35 Rare Photos of the Construction of the Titanic
- Couple Announces Pregnancy Using Mom’s Body to Create Some Attractive ‘Live’ Scenes
- A-Z As Game Of Thrones Characters By Kerry Bell Is The Most Creative Thing You’ll See Today
- Japanese Cats Love Nothing More In The World Than Watching Farmer Next Door Plant His Rice
- Photographer Jakub Wencek Explores The Forests Of Poland To Capture Fantastic Photos Of The Dark Side Of Nature