Amazing Surreal And Glitchy Ceramic Artworks By Keiko Masumoto
It’s a common misconception that traditional arts don’t change, and that they don’t lend themselves to modern concepts. For example, people think that traditional ceramics are only meant to be copies of previous masterpieces, but Keiko Masumoto begs to differ and creates a tasteful blend between the traditional and modern.
In some sense, her ceramic works show an interesting clash: a collision between the modern and the traditional culture in the most literal sense. Her traditional pots, vases and plates are infused with unexpected elements, like floral pieces, animals, and other seemingly random objects, ones which we don’t associate with ceramics at all. These clashes of form and function, classics and modernity that permeate each of her ceramic art pieces resolve themselves in a quite surreal result appreciated by many.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Cute Naughty Girls by Philip Bawasanta
- Stunning Images of Freshly Frozen Cars Arrived to Vladivostok Sea Port
- Artist Creates Honest Illustrations About Relationships And Everyday Life
- The Grim Towers of Lovecraftian World: Minimalist Architectural Art by James Lipnickas
- Diagonal World: Russian Designer Sergey Minkin Shoots Everything at 45 Degrees
- Melancholy Beauties by the Artist Wataboku
- Minimalist Spiral and Colorful Sculptures by Lee Sangsoo