Amazing Surreal And Glitchy Ceramic Artworks By Keiko Masumoto
It’s a common misconception that traditional arts don’t change, and that they don’t lend themselves to modern concepts. For example, people think that traditional ceramics are only meant to be copies of previous masterpieces, but Keiko Masumoto begs to differ and creates a tasteful blend between the traditional and modern.
In some sense, her ceramic works show an interesting clash: a collision between the modern and the traditional culture in the most literal sense. Her traditional pots, vases and plates are infused with unexpected elements, like floral pieces, animals, and other seemingly random objects, ones which we don’t associate with ceramics at all. These clashes of form and function, classics and modernity that permeate each of her ceramic art pieces resolve themselves in a quite surreal result appreciated by many.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Ocean Photography Awards 2021
- One Eyeland World’s Top Black & White Photographers 2021
- “Before I Forget”: The Colossal Pop Culture Artifacts From the Future Past by Ruben Kos
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s