Nuke Town: Bizarre Colorized Photographs From The Los Alamos National Laboratory Photographic Archives
Atomic Playground is a two-person exhibition featuring Greg Mac Gregor’s colorized photographs from the Los Alamos National Laboratory Photographic Archives and Atomic Overlook by Clay Lipsky. Atomic Playground adds to the interest generated by the New Mexico History Museum respective exhibition Atomic Histories and the Santa Fe Opera’s production of Dr. Atomic. Atomic Playground will also be on view during the semi-annual opening of the Trinity Site (Saturday October 6th, 2018), the area within the White Sands Missile Range where the first atomic bomb was tested – ushering in the atomic age.
Greg Mac Gregor is professor Emeritus of Photography at California State University, East Bay. His book In Search of Dominguez & Escalante was published by the Museum of New Mexico Press, and the project will be on display at the New Mexico History Museum in 2019. His long career has produced 80 plus solo exhibitions and the photographs from these projects reside in the collections of over thirty museums.
Clay Lipsky is a fine art photographer and Emmy Award winning graphic designer based in Los Angeles, CA. His art has been published and exhibited internationally, most notably with Esquire Russia and at the United Nations (NYC & Vienna), Galerie le Carré d’Art (France), MNAC Bucharest (Romania), GuatePhoto (Guatemala), Smithsonian’s National Atomic Testing Museum, Lishui Photo Festival (China), and the Annenberg Space for Photography.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- Woman Knits Tiny Wool Sweaters to Keep Chickens Warm
- These Are The Yoga Photos No One Wants To Put On Instagram
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Old Superheroes: Artist Shows How Superheroes Will Look When They Retire
- Beautiful Baroque Architecture Bags
- This Man Spent 25 Years To Create The ”World Map” On The Banks Of Lake Klejtrup, Denmark
- Haunting Photographs Of The Hell Of Serra Pelada Mines In The 1980s
- Feeding Polar Bears From A Tank, 1950