Nuke Town: Bizarre Colorized Photographs From The Los Alamos National Laboratory Photographic Archives
Atomic Playground is a two-person exhibition featuring Greg Mac Gregor’s colorized photographs from the Los Alamos National Laboratory Photographic Archives and Atomic Overlook by Clay Lipsky. Atomic Playground adds to the interest generated by the New Mexico History Museum respective exhibition Atomic Histories and the Santa Fe Opera’s production of Dr. Atomic. Atomic Playground will also be on view during the semi-annual opening of the Trinity Site (Saturday October 6th, 2018), the area within the White Sands Missile Range where the first atomic bomb was tested – ushering in the atomic age.
Greg Mac Gregor is professor Emeritus of Photography at California State University, East Bay. His book In Search of Dominguez & Escalante was published by the Museum of New Mexico Press, and the project will be on display at the New Mexico History Museum in 2019. His long career has produced 80 plus solo exhibitions and the photographs from these projects reside in the collections of over thirty museums.
Clay Lipsky is a fine art photographer and Emmy Award winning graphic designer based in Los Angeles, CA. His art has been published and exhibited internationally, most notably with Esquire Russia and at the United Nations (NYC & Vienna), Galerie le Carré d’Art (France), MNAC Bucharest (Romania), GuatePhoto (Guatemala), Smithsonian’s National Atomic Testing Museum, Lishui Photo Festival (China), and the Annenberg Space for Photography.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest
- Vintage Yugoslavian Computer Magazine Cover Girls Of The 1980s-90s
- Russian Clubs: Moscow Nightlife In Spectacular Photos By Nikita Shokhov
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Guy Sucks At Photoshop, Spends 10 Years Mastering Microsoft Paint To Illustrate His Book
- A Collection Of 75 Worst Album Covers Ever. Probably.
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters