Amazing Portraits of a Young Demi Moore in the 1980s
In the 1980s, a young Demi Moore quickly turned her General Hospital TV stardom into a full fledged movie career that made her one of the top actors of the decade.
Demi Gene Moore was born November 11, 1962, in Roswell, New Mexico. After making her film debut in 1981, she appeared on the soap opera General Hospital and subsequently gained recognition as a member of the Brat Pack with roles in Blame It on Rio (1984), St. Elmo’s Fire (1985), and About Last Night… (1986).
Her starring role in Ghost (1990), the highest-grossing film of that year, earned her a Golden Globe nomination. She had further box-office success in the early 1990s, with the films A Few Good Men (1992), Indecent Proposal (1993), and Disclosure (1994). In 1996, Moore became the highest-paid actress in film history when she received an unprecedented $12.5 million to star in Striptease. A critical and financial disappointment, it marked the beginning of a lengthy downturn in Moore’s career. Starring roles in the commercial failures The Scarlet Letter (1995), The Juror (1996) and G.I. Jane (1997) also contributed to the demise of her career as a Hollywood leading lady.
She has since appeared in supporting roles in such films as; The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996), The Hunchback of Notre Dame II (2002), Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003), Bobby (2006), Mr. Brooks (2007), Margin Call (2011), and Rough Night (2017).
These vintage photos show a young and beautiful Demi More in the 1980s:
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Wonder Of Illustrating Perpetual Movement in Space From A 1875 Astronomy Book
- Breathtaking WWII Colorized Photos Look Like They Were Taken Yesterday
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Artist Colorizes 50 Old Photos, And It Might Change The Way You Perceive History