From Switzerland to Singapore, police, fire and ambulance departments are laying down their tools, and their bodies, to take part in a new craze. The so-called Tetris Challenge started September 1 when Zurich police published this bird’s eye image on social media. It captured two officers on the ground beside the contents of their car laid out in neat, geometric block patterns, like in the popular 1980s video game Tetris. Since then, public services units and enthusiasts from around the world have followed suit, photographing their work equipment in rows beside their vehicles. Continue reading »
Masculinity is a concept as outdated as can be, and yet in 2018 it’s as prevalent as ever. Photographer Jack Daly has been surrounded and pressured by stereotypes forever, and finally he’s calling it out. Continue reading »
With a little imagination, an ordinary cat photograph offers infinite doodling possibilities. Although the origins of this photo are unclear, it seems that Weibo user Luo Luobu first drew some delightful additions on an orange tabby that’s nonchalantly laying on a white ground. Bored Panda user Sofia then took this idea further by creating an open drawing challenge, inviting anyone to download the image and doodle the cat into new situations and funny adventures. Continue reading »
A woman wearing bikini takes part in an ice bucket challenge in Tianmenshan, Zhangjiajie, Hunan province, January 24, 2015. Around 30 people participated in the game during winter on top of Tianmenshan on Saturday, according to local media. (Photo by Reuters/Stringer)
Continue reading »
In this photo taken on Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013, The Indupol One of the Belgian solar team rides across a desert, 285 kilometers South of Alice Springs, Australia. The solar challenge race, lasting for seven days, will take 43 participants over 3,021 kilometers before ending on Sunday, Oct 13. (AP Photo/Geert Vanden Wijngaert) Continue reading »
As the name implies, the “Tough Guy” challenge is not for the faint of heart. The 2012 event saw nearly 6,000 ice-cool competitors from around the world flock to the British Midlands in hopes of winning the coveted title.
The competitors, both men and women, ploughed through an eight-mile assault course in Perton, near Telford, Shropshire, that was made up of “25 obscurantismalistic obstackels (sic).” With guts of steel, the gluttons for punishment waded through muddy, sub-zero swamps and crawled through electrified tunnels – all while marshals dressed as commandos fired blank artillery shells and threw thunder flashes and smoke bombs over their heads.
Sunday’s race – the 25th in the event’s history – attracted runners from over 20 nations. Each was required to sign a “death warrant,” clearing the organizers of any legal responsibilities in the event of injury or death.
German junior doctor Knut Hoehler, 26, braved muck and mayhem (and a bloody head injury) to come first, in a time of one hour 11 minutes and 57 seconds.
Competitors cross obstacles at the annual Tough Guy event in Perton, England. Tough Guy claims to be the world’s most demanding one-day survival ordeal. (Jon Super/Associated Press) Continue reading »
Contestants show off banners illustrating their calligraphy skills during the 48th annual New Year calligraphy contest in Tokyo on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2012. Nearly 3,000 people participated in the calligraphy contest to celebrate the start of the New Year. (Kazuhiro Nogi / AFP – Getty Images) Continue reading »
- Haunting Colorized Photos Reveal The Devastation Caused By The Spanish Flu Which Killed At Least Fifty-Million
- Cop In Coronavirus Helmet Warns People To Stay Inside
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- Artist Shows How Classical Paintings Would Look During Quarantine
- Seeing America In Isolation: American Artist George Ault Showed Us The America He Saw In Shades Of Darknes
- Where’s Waldo Coronavirus Edition Is Here And It’s A Tad Easier To Spot Waldo Than Usual
- Stunning Vintage Photos Of Pets Wearing Gas Masks During The World War I
- Artist Reimagined Famous Paintings To See What They’d Look Like If They Were Painted During The Coronavirus Crisis