Nicolas Bigot, aka ‘Niko Photographisme’, is a French photographer and digital artist who creates humorous and surreal images with a touch of credibility. We feature here a playful but also visionary series titled ‘The Robot Next Door’. He says ‘We live in a world of appearances. In the real life and the digital world. We play roles, characters. But appearances are often false or deceptive.’ Continue reading »
Awesome creations by Jose Navarro, instagrammer, graphic designer and visual artist based in northern Spain. Jose works as creative and art director at A&B. Navarro creates playful and surreal manipulations by combining photos, blending them, and adding a warm color effect. Continue reading »
A German Dancer Couple Created Extravagant And Playful Costumes Before They Committed Suicide In 1924
Knowledge of the astonishingly bizarre and tragic art of Walter Holdt and Lavinia Schulz is obscure and largely based on the rediscovery in 1986 of artifacts deposited in a Hamburg museum back in 1925. Continue reading »
Eyes as Big as Plates is a whimsical series by Finnish photographer Riitta Ikonen and Norwegian photographer Karoline Hjorth that features senior citizens donning organic materials like twigs and grass. Ikonen says that the collaborative project originally began as “a play on characters and protagonists from Norwegian folklore” but has since evolved into a collection of images exploring “mental landscapes” that reflect a return of body to nature with the use of scavenged materials. Continue reading »
When you say the words pottery or ceramics most people will think of earthy clay and glazes. Images of old vessels that hold flowers, or used as tableware, might come to mind. On the other side of the spectrum are computer graphics and digital art, a wholly intangible media that’s made of bits and bytes. Combine these two vastly different fields and you get what artist Toshiya Masuda calls “image gap.” Continue reading »
We rarely see polar bears outside of a snowy Arctic environment, but these bears are no strangers to having fun in the summer! In a rare series of images by Canadian photographer Dennis Fast, these white giants are seen frolicking in a field of fireweed. The photos were taken in Northern Canada’s Hudson Bay, near lodges run by Churchill Wild in Manitoba. Fast explains his fascination with polar bears in this interview excerpt. Continue reading »
The pair of playful seals swim around each other. Two passionate seals were captured on camera in a tender embrace by underwater photographer Robert Bailey, 50, near the Farne Islands off the Northumberland coast, UK. (Photo by Robert Bailey/Medavia) Continue reading »
With a creative eye, the casual observer can espy characters or faces in the everyday objects all around us. French artist Gilbert Legrand takes this a step further by painting and otherwise modifying totally mundane objects to turn them into cute characters and give them new life.
Legrand lets his active imagination soar by painting small details onto these everyday objects to help us see them the way he does. With the addition of a face and maybe some arms and legs, a paintbrush can become a mangled fox, a hinge can become a shady salesman, and a juicer becomes a woman emerging from a pool.
Hopefully, Legrand’s wildly imaginative creations will help you find the fun characters hidden all around you!
Continue reading »
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- This Retired Cabinet Maker Goes Viral For Making Broken And Weird Furniture That Belongs In Disney Movies
- The Superb Bizarre AR Artworks By Nikita Replyanski, A Technological Artist And Cyber Fashion Designer
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- If Modern Internet Companies Existed In 1970s – Early 1990s
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- The Everyday Struggles Of All Plus-Size Women Depicted By The Artist Gabriele Pennacchioli
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Russian Silver Age Poet Sergey Yesenin Become An Instagram Star