Playful Seniors Wear Organic Materials To Personify Nature
Eyes as Big as Plates is a whimsical series by Finnish photographer Riitta Ikonen and Norwegian photographer Karoline Hjorth that features senior citizens donning organic materials like twigs and grass. Ikonen says that the collaborative project originally began as “a play on characters and protagonists from Norwegian folklore” but has since evolved into a collection of images exploring “mental landscapes” that reflect a return of body to nature with the use of scavenged materials.
Eyes as Big as Plates is running a Kickstarter campaign to help fund a book featuring seniors from all around the world.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- Vietnamese Artist Creates Surreal Illustrations Of Animals and Cute Things in the Forest
- “The Witches of Fabersham Forest”: The Dark Surrealism and Visual Mysteries of Noah Stacey