Playful Seniors Wear Organic Materials To Personify Nature
Eyes as Big as Plates is a whimsical series by Finnish photographer Riitta Ikonen and Norwegian photographer Karoline Hjorth that features senior citizens donning organic materials like twigs and grass. Ikonen says that the collaborative project originally began as “a play on characters and protagonists from Norwegian folklore” but has since evolved into a collection of images exploring “mental landscapes” that reflect a return of body to nature with the use of scavenged materials.
Eyes as Big as Plates is running a Kickstarter campaign to help fund a book featuring seniors from all around the world.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Emily Lauren Wants To Change The Way We See Female Beauty
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Stunning Photographs of Ellen O’Neal, The Greatest Woman Freestyle Skateboarder in the 1970s
- The Winners of the Luminar Bug Photography Awards 2020 Have Just Been Announced
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson
- Hungarian Artist Creates Hilarious Scenes By Placing Characters In Movies Or TV Shows They Don’t Belong In
- The Photographer Took Dark and Gloomy Photos of A Small Russian City Covered with Morning Fog