Playful Seniors Wear Organic Materials To Personify Nature
Eyes as Big as Plates is a whimsical series by Finnish photographer Riitta Ikonen and Norwegian photographer Karoline Hjorth that features senior citizens donning organic materials like twigs and grass. Ikonen says that the collaborative project originally began as “a play on characters and protagonists from Norwegian folklore” but has since evolved into a collection of images exploring “mental landscapes” that reflect a return of body to nature with the use of scavenged materials.
Eyes as Big as Plates is running a Kickstarter campaign to help fund a book featuring seniors from all around the world.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Finally, Satan Has an Instagram Account, And It’s Funny as Hell
- Uninspirational Posters For People Who Hate Inspirational Posters
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Pantone Just Released A Period-Colored Paint and It’s Called “Period” Red
- Before Smartphones And Computers Kids Had Real Fun
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Stunning Artistic, Portrait and Surreal Photography by Man Ray in the 1920s and ’30s
- Gaze Into the Eyes of Animals Through Stunning Macro Shots
- This Monastery Adopted A Stray Dog, Now He Enjoys His Life As A Monk
- Photographer Jun Yamamoto Captures The Magic Of Japan Streets At Night