The genius often lies within the simple. Recently, ‘The New Yorker‘ artist Olivia de Recat has perfectly illustrated the complex dynamics of human relationships by drawing lines, and they will have you smiling and crying at the same time. Continue reading »
Zac Retz is a visual development artist who paints and designs for feature films. Among a variety of his works on DeviantArt, one particular set of illustrations stands out from the rest.
With soft edges and simplicity, these illustrations feature the most beautiful gestures of love and affection shared between couples. While some of them pass perfectly fine as snippets from idyllic everyday moments, others have a little bit more spark and tension in them as if telling stories of their own. Continue reading »
“Mixed Blood” shows just some of many interracial families around the world. Unfortunately, there are still many societal factors that discourage ethnic, racial, and cultural mixing. These racist and xenophobic attitudes are still a cancer to society.
As mixing gradually goes mainstream, people have begun to identify and relate to the world and each other in different ways.
To document this mixing and the intersections of different cultures, Korean-American photographer CYJO spent three years between New York City and Beijing taking pictures of families. What came out of this exploration of race, culture and identity is an ongoing photo series called “Mixed Blood.”
Snodgrass Family, 2013. Citizenships: American, Chinese. Ancestries: German, Han Chinese, Irish. Languages: English, Mandarin. They live in Beijing. (All photos & captions © CYJO) Continue reading »
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos
- 15 Exquisite Illustrations Which Sum Up Perfectly How Much We Love Our Pets
- This Artist Creates Baroque And Gothic Wall Mounts Out Of Taxidermied Spiders
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs