Che Guevara’s Watch
Before his death, Che Guevara exclaimed, “Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.” These words were intended to imply that his ideals would live on. The reality of what lived on after his death is slightly different, however. The collective imagination of mankind has turned Che into an icon encompassing a vast array of meanings. Some see him as a messiah; others view him as the devil. His image conjures the essence of communism for some and for others it translates into actual dollars from tee shirts sold. “Che Guevara’s Watch” examines these mythologies from the perspective of one moment: the moment of his death. Before it, he was a man.
Exact replica of the mahogany box that houses Che Guevara’s bones. Functioning wooden clock gears. Brass replica of Che Guevara’s Rolex GMT Master. 10 pieces of glass with Guevara rib portrait/diagram of where he was shot. In the backbone, the names of all the people he is known to have killed or ordered killed are written. Modified Vitruvian man. Created by NFN Kalyan, an Indian-American artist based in Miami.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s