Skateboard Fashion on the Catwalk and High Street
Since the 1950s, skateboarding has been synonymous with surf culture, slacker kids and an anti-mainstream culture. Fast forward to 2011 and the baggy jeans, sneakers and caps that have become the skateboarder’s uniform have made their way to the catwalk.
From Martine Rose’s Spring Summer 2012 collection, her seventh season. This collection featured a collaboration with Icon Brand.
Valentino spring summer 2012 collection, described by style.com as ‘rough-and-tumble classics (with) a couture-like precision about fabric’.
100% red cotton hooded jacket, £65, by asos.com.
Converse ‘Buffalo Plaid’ plimsolls, £45, by converse.com.
Givenchy Spring Summer 2012 collection, representing a departure from the label’s trademark gothic chic.
Long shorts or short trousers? You decide. £30, by Topman, topman.com.
Y-3’s 2012 offering. It’s a label which prides itself on ‘exploring an intriguing intersection between style and athleticism’.
Grey Marc by Marc Jacobs Ziggy Stardust t-shirt, £65, from my-wardrobe.com.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- Best Photos From 2021 International Wedding Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Artist Creates Colorful Illustrations Of Inviting And Cozy Japanese Houses
- “Pure White”: When Asbestos Was Used As Fake Snow
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Photographer Captures Beautiful Sunset Silhouettes To Tell Magical Visual Stories