“The Golden Man” – the World’s first pure gold shirt worth $22,500 is made in India
India’s very own Midas, Datta Phuge, in a rather misguided attempt at impressing the ladies, has commissioned a shirt made entirely of gold. The shirt took 15 goldsmiths a total of two weeks to construct, and comes complete with matching cuffs, a belt and a set of rings. The goldsmiths worked 16 hours a day on this gaudy creation that cost a total of $22,400.
Phuge, aged 32 said, “I know I am not the best looking man in the world but surely no woman could fail to be dazzled by this shirt?” Hailing from Pimpri, Chinchwad, Phuge, a moneylender by profession hopes that this 3.2kg gold shirt will help establish his credentials as the ‘Gold man of Pimpri.’ The base of the shirt has been created out of imported white velvet with the gold assembled on top of it; the buttons have been made with six Swarovski crystals.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 5 Year-Old Recreates Photos Of Iconic Women Every Day Of Black History Month
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- “Auto Polo”: The Ridiculously Dangerous Auto Sport Of The Early 1900s
- Wide Seats And Plenty Of Legroom: These Old Pan Am Photos Show How Much Airline Travel Has Changed
- This Hidden Chilling Forest Path Looks Like A Trail To Mordor
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Surreal Illustrations For Book Lovers By Korean Artist Jungho Lee