Hövding – Airbag for Cyclists
Hövding is a revolutionary bicycle helmet. Unlike other cycle helmets, Hövding is worn as a collar around your neck.
Hövding started out in 2005 as a master’s thesis by the two founders Anna Haupt and Terese Alstin, who, at the time, were studying Industrial Design at the University of Lund.
The idea of developing a new type of cycle helmet was a response to the introduction of a law on mandatory helmet use for children up to the age of 15 in Sweden, which triggered a debate on whether cycle helmets should be mandatory for adults too. Anna and Terese saw their master’s thesis as an opportunity to find out whether it would be possible to develop a cycle helmet that people would be happy to wear – whether they had to or not.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Chameleons Will Hold Anything You Give Them, and They Look Like Tiny Old Men!
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- This Artist Creates Beautifully Bizarre Backpacks That Look Like Octopus, Spiders, And Beetles
- Stunning Photos Of 2021 Natural Landscape Photography Awards
- This Artist Turns Sketches Into Amazing Digital Art
- Photographer Captured Amazing Photos of Christmas Tree Decorated with Goats in Morocco
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- Russian Pixel Melancholy by Dmitry Bogolyubov
- Artist Carves Tiny Birds Under A Microscope To Make The Outside World Disappear
- Photographer Decided To Include People In Her Photographic Series “Cats In Venice” And Something Beautiful Happened