Steve Jobs’ Yacht ‘Venus’ Launched in Netherlands
Steve Jobs’s yacht was has been unveiled in a Dutch shipyard, where the unusual boat designed by Jobs and famed minimalist designer Philippe Starck was christened “Venus”, after the Roman goddess of love, beauty, sex, fertility, prosperity and victory.
According to Dutch website OneMoreThing, the finished ship was launched at shipbuilder Koninklijke De Vries in Aalsmeer in the Netherlands. Jobs’s widow Laurene and three of their children, Reed, Aaron and Eve, were at the ceremony.
According to the report, the enormous yacht is between 230 and 260 feet long (between 70 and 79 metres long), and appears to be as it was described in the Jobs biography — it’s an extraordinary vessel with teak decks and large panes of ceiling-to-floor glass throughout. The boat is said to have seven 27-inch iMacs on board, and photos showed six of them lined up on a single counter.
The late Apple CEO was aware he might not live to see the boat launched, but continued to tinker with its design. Now, at its christening more than a year after his death, his quotes about the yacht become even more poignant. In the Isaacson book, Jobs said, “I know that it’s possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat. But I have to keep going on it. If I don’t, it’s an admission that I’m about to die.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The 1958 Plymouth Tornado Concept Car Has Been Found And Restored
- Underwater Restaurant Has Been Completed In Norway And It Looks Out Of This World
- 93-Year-Old Grandma & Her Grandson Dress-Up In Ridiculous Outfits, And It’s Brilliant
- Second Life Of The Canadian Truck In Russia
- Squirrel That Wished To Live With A Human Friend
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Rare Photos Of Los Angeles Rock Bands, 1978-1989
- Vintage Photos Proving That The Beauty Of People From Previous Generations Is A Unique Thing
- This Tattoo Artist Can’t Draw And That’s Precisely Why Her Clients Choose Her