Steve Jobs’ Yacht ‘Venus’ Launched in Netherlands
Steve Jobs’s yacht was has been unveiled in a Dutch shipyard, where the unusual boat designed by Jobs and famed minimalist designer Philippe Starck was christened “Venus”, after the Roman goddess of love, beauty, sex, fertility, prosperity and victory.
According to Dutch website OneMoreThing, the finished ship was launched at shipbuilder Koninklijke De Vries in Aalsmeer in the Netherlands. Jobs’s widow Laurene and three of their children, Reed, Aaron and Eve, were at the ceremony.
According to the report, the enormous yacht is between 230 and 260 feet long (between 70 and 79 metres long), and appears to be as it was described in the Jobs biography — it’s an extraordinary vessel with teak decks and large panes of ceiling-to-floor glass throughout. The boat is said to have seven 27-inch iMacs on board, and photos showed six of them lined up on a single counter.
The late Apple CEO was aware he might not live to see the boat launched, but continued to tinker with its design. Now, at its christening more than a year after his death, his quotes about the yacht become even more poignant. In the Isaacson book, Jobs said, “I know that it’s possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat. But I have to keep going on it. If I don’t, it’s an admission that I’m about to die.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- This Mind-Numbing Machine By Blake Fall-Conroy Lets You Experience Making The Minimum Wage
- Artist Redesigned Famous Logos, Printed Them Out And Repackaged Them In A Way That Will Mess With Your Head … In A Good Way
- Last Breath: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Hot Australian Firefighters Pose With Animals For The New 2020 Calendars
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2019
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- In Girls We Trust: The Superb Bic Pen Illustrations By Helena Hauss
- Traveling Couple Captures Ethereal Images In The Most Unspoiled Places Around The World