Steve Jobs’ Yacht ‘Venus’ Launched in Netherlands
Steve Jobs’s yacht was has been unveiled in a Dutch shipyard, where the unusual boat designed by Jobs and famed minimalist designer Philippe Starck was christened “Venus”, after the Roman goddess of love, beauty, sex, fertility, prosperity and victory.
According to Dutch website OneMoreThing, the finished ship was launched at shipbuilder Koninklijke De Vries in Aalsmeer in the Netherlands. Jobs’s widow Laurene and three of their children, Reed, Aaron and Eve, were at the ceremony.
According to the report, the enormous yacht is between 230 and 260 feet long (between 70 and 79 metres long), and appears to be as it was described in the Jobs biography — it’s an extraordinary vessel with teak decks and large panes of ceiling-to-floor glass throughout. The boat is said to have seven 27-inch iMacs on board, and photos showed six of them lined up on a single counter.
The late Apple CEO was aware he might not live to see the boat launched, but continued to tinker with its design. Now, at its christening more than a year after his death, his quotes about the yacht become even more poignant. In the Isaacson book, Jobs said, “I know that it’s possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat. But I have to keep going on it. If I don’t, it’s an admission that I’m about to die.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- Russian Couple Build Pyramid Of Giza Replica In Their Rural Backyard
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- David Bowie And His Ex-Wife Angie Taking Their Then 3-Week-Old Baby Zowie Out For A Walk In 1971
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape