Steve Jobs’ Yacht ‘Venus’ Launched in Netherlands
Steve Jobs’s yacht was has been unveiled in a Dutch shipyard, where the unusual boat designed by Jobs and famed minimalist designer Philippe Starck was christened “Venus”, after the Roman goddess of love, beauty, sex, fertility, prosperity and victory.
According to Dutch website OneMoreThing, the finished ship was launched at shipbuilder Koninklijke De Vries in Aalsmeer in the Netherlands. Jobs’s widow Laurene and three of their children, Reed, Aaron and Eve, were at the ceremony.
According to the report, the enormous yacht is between 230 and 260 feet long (between 70 and 79 metres long), and appears to be as it was described in the Jobs biography — it’s an extraordinary vessel with teak decks and large panes of ceiling-to-floor glass throughout. The boat is said to have seven 27-inch iMacs on board, and photos showed six of them lined up on a single counter.
The late Apple CEO was aware he might not live to see the boat launched, but continued to tinker with its design. Now, at its christening more than a year after his death, his quotes about the yacht become even more poignant. In the Isaacson book, Jobs said, “I know that it’s possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat. But I have to keep going on it. If I don’t, it’s an admission that I’m about to die.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- The Superb Graphic Novels and Character Art Works of Jordi Lafebre
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Butts on Things: Illustrator Brian Cook Draws Butts on Everything
- Bloody Conan and The Beloved Superheroes: Comic Illustrations by Mahmud Asrar
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers