Shopper Finds ‘Cry for Help’ Label Sewn into £10 Primark Dress
Rebecca Gallagher was horrified to find a hand-stitched label reading “forced to work exhausting hours” sewn into the floral sundress. She has now vowed never to wear her bargain find for fear it could be the result of exploitative labour.
Disturbed by what she saw as a “cry for help” from a possible overseas sweatshop, Rebecca called Primark for an explanation but said she “was put on hold for 15 minutes before being cut off”.
Primark’s fast fashion model is loved by bargain-hunting shoppers but has been criticised by campaigners who believe it exploits workers overseas. Primark was one of the brands that sourced clothing from the Rana Plaza factory which collapsed in 2013 killing more than 1,100 people. It has since pledged up to £8m in compensation.
Rebecca says the incident at the Swansea branch of the shop has made her think more carefully about where her bargain buys come from: “To be honest I’ve never really thought much about how the clothes are made.”
Rebecca Jones, 21, from Porthcawl in South Wales who has revealed how she found a label reading: “Degrading sweatshop conditions” on a dress she bought from a Primark Store in Swansea. This comes days after Rebecca Gallagher, 25, first spotted a label reading: “Forced to work exhausting hours” next to the washing instruction of her bargain top on a dress she bought from the same store.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Japanese Twitter Falls In Meme Love With Perfectly Timed Photo Of One-Punch Shiba Inu
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- Artist Visualizes Freddie Mercury As The Protagonist Of Vintage Comic Book Covers
- Riikka Hyvönen Captures The Beauty Of Bruises In Giant Artworks
- “Light & Shadow”: Dreamy Illustrations By Lê Long
- These Creepy And Disturbing Vintage Easter Bunny Photos That Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- Ecuadorian Police Save Tiny Terrified Sloth in Most Adorable Highway Rescue Ever
- Striking Urban And Street Photography By Alfonso León