Shopper Finds ‘Cry for Help’ Label Sewn into £10 Primark Dress
Rebecca Gallagher was horrified to find a hand-stitched label reading “forced to work exhausting hours” sewn into the floral sundress. She has now vowed never to wear her bargain find for fear it could be the result of exploitative labour.
Disturbed by what she saw as a “cry for help” from a possible overseas sweatshop, Rebecca called Primark for an explanation but said she “was put on hold for 15 minutes before being cut off”.
Primark’s fast fashion model is loved by bargain-hunting shoppers but has been criticised by campaigners who believe it exploits workers overseas. Primark was one of the brands that sourced clothing from the Rana Plaza factory which collapsed in 2013 killing more than 1,100 people. It has since pledged up to £8m in compensation.
Rebecca says the incident at the Swansea branch of the shop has made her think more carefully about where her bargain buys come from: “To be honest I’ve never really thought much about how the clothes are made.”
Rebecca Jones, 21, from Porthcawl in South Wales who has revealed how she found a label reading: “Degrading sweatshop conditions” on a dress she bought from a Primark Store in Swansea. This comes days after Rebecca Gallagher, 25, first spotted a label reading: “Forced to work exhausting hours” next to the washing instruction of her bargain top on a dress she bought from the same store.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Brazilian Dentist Felipe Rossi Treat The Teeth Of Poor People
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- Beautiful Photos Of Marilyn Monroe In New York City By Ed Feingersh, 1955