Giant RoboCop Statue Finally Finds Its Home In Detroit
It’s official. The crowdfunded, officially sanctioned RoboCop statue has found a permanent home in Detroit.
The Michigan Science Center will become the permanent location for the 10-foot-tall bronze statue after nearly a decade of looking for a proper place for the RoboCop monument. The official unveiling of the statue has yet to be announced, but it’s expected to be revealed any day now. This is huge news for RoboCop fans who completely funded the Kickstarter back in 2011. The original goal was $50,000 and the campaign ended with a grand total of $67,000.
The Michigan Science Center president and Tonya Matthews stated that the center is, “honored to be the host site for this amazing piece of art.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Vintage Photos of Ugly Restaurants in the USA From the Mid-20th Century
- Sad and Happy Moments on the Photos of Boris Register
- A Photographer Took Glorious Colour Photographs Of London In Early 1970s
- This Artist Crerates Provocative and Bizarre Photo Manipulations
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- This Artist Draws 100 Grumpy Animals
- 50 Times Adults Decided To Have Some Fun In These Museums And Art Galleries
- This Guy Makes 3D Printed Helmets For His Cat