Giant RoboCop Statue Finally Finds Its Home In Detroit
It’s official. The crowdfunded, officially sanctioned RoboCop statue has found a permanent home in Detroit.
The Michigan Science Center will become the permanent location for the 10-foot-tall bronze statue after nearly a decade of looking for a proper place for the RoboCop monument. The official unveiling of the statue has yet to be announced, but it’s expected to be revealed any day now. This is huge news for RoboCop fans who completely funded the Kickstarter back in 2011. The original goal was $50,000 and the campaign ended with a grand total of $67,000.
The Michigan Science Center president and Tonya Matthews stated that the center is, “honored to be the host site for this amazing piece of art.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Abandoned Hotels In The Egyptian Desert May As Well Be On Another Planet
- “Animal Soul”: Beautiful Portraits Of The Bad-Ass Cats By Robert Bahou
- 30 Times People Accidentally Created Art
- “Electric Dreams”: Amazing Portraits Of ’80s Geeks
- Sad Animal Facts Are The Cutest Way To Ruin Your Day
- A Sweet Little Photo Story Proving That True Love That Knows No Bounds
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Remarkable Tubular Glass House Built Around Tree
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Budweiser Adapts Its Sexist Ads From The 50s And 60s To 2019