Giant RoboCop Statue Finally Finds Its Home In Detroit
It’s official. The crowdfunded, officially sanctioned RoboCop statue has found a permanent home in Detroit.
The Michigan Science Center will become the permanent location for the 10-foot-tall bronze statue after nearly a decade of looking for a proper place for the RoboCop monument. The official unveiling of the statue has yet to be announced, but it’s expected to be revealed any day now. This is huge news for RoboCop fans who completely funded the Kickstarter back in 2011. The original goal was $50,000 and the campaign ended with a grand total of $67,000.
The Michigan Science Center president and Tonya Matthews stated that the center is, “honored to be the host site for this amazing piece of art.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- Weird And Wonderful Illustrated Letters From A 16th Century Songbook
- Photos of Mark Frechette and Daria Halprin During the Filming of ‘Zabriskie Point’, 1970
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Amazing Black and White Winning Images of The WildArt POTY Monochrome Competition
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- 11 Totally Accurate Illustrations Showing Exactly What It’s Like to Be a Woman
- “Detached, in Harmony”: Artist Taking Conceptual Photography to New Heights