Giant RoboCop Statue Finally Finds Its Home In Detroit
It’s official. The crowdfunded, officially sanctioned RoboCop statue has found a permanent home in Detroit.
The Michigan Science Center will become the permanent location for the 10-foot-tall bronze statue after nearly a decade of looking for a proper place for the RoboCop monument. The official unveiling of the statue has yet to be announced, but it’s expected to be revealed any day now. This is huge news for RoboCop fans who completely funded the Kickstarter back in 2011. The original goal was $50,000 and the campaign ended with a grand total of $67,000.
The Michigan Science Center president and Tonya Matthews stated that the center is, “honored to be the host site for this amazing piece of art.”
- Jaw-dropping Aerial Photography By Leah Kennedy
- “Toy Stories”: Gabriele Galimberti Captures Portraits Of Children And Their Toys Around The World
- Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
- 11 Disney Warrior Princesses Turned Badass By Russian Artist Artemii Myasnikov
- Breathtaking Portraits Reveal The Haunting Beauty Of Russian Ballet Dancers By Irina Yakovleva
- “The Struggle For Utopia”: Everyday Soviet Life In Magnificent Photos By Semyon Friedland
- Photographer Antti Viitala Stunningly Captured Drone Shots Of The Surfers On South African Beach
- Impressive Conceptual Architecture And Art Projects By Michael Jantzen
- Studio Schicketanz Have Designed A Modern Dog House With A Green Roof
- A Restaurant In Texas Is Putting Up The Funniest Signs Ever