Great Masters Having Great Times: Miniature Art Of Lorenzo Castellini
According to Lorenzo Castellini: “I am a Brazilian artist who lives in one of the craziest cities in the world! Living in Sao Paulo is like being trapped in one of Hieronymus Bosch’s paintings !First I got a book on him and cut out characters and images from his paintings, then I decided ”to take bosch for a walk” around town and place those characters in surreal scenes…which is quite easy to find around Sao Paulo. While doing that many more masters came to my mind… Van Gogh, Matisse, Basquiat and so on!
My brain was exploding and a stream of ideas flooding my mind! I went quickly home and cut out hundreds of images from all of my art books. I keep the paper cut-outs inside a folder and now I see the world as a blank canvas where anything can happen! I coined the term ‘Air Collage’ for the technique i use!
My definition for ‘air collage’ is any composition created by the juxtaposition of any form or shape into the subject without physical contact between them. You gotta get time, space, angle, distance and the right opportunity to create an interesting air collage! It looks easy but it is quite hard to get it just right! The main ideia is to bring the old masters back to the future and make them do what they did best…having fun and puzzling people! Have fun!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Ocean Photography Awards 2021
- One Eyeland World’s Top Black & White Photographers 2021
- “Before I Forget”: The Colossal Pop Culture Artifacts From the Future Past by Ruben Kos
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- Amazing Photos of the Third Generation of the Ford Thunderbird, 1961-1963