Great Masters Having Great Times: Miniature Art Of Lorenzo Castellini
According to Lorenzo Castellini: “I am a Brazilian artist who lives in one of the craziest cities in the world! Living in Sao Paulo is like being trapped in one of Hieronymus Bosch’s paintings !First I got a book on him and cut out characters and images from his paintings, then I decided ”to take bosch for a walk” around town and place those characters in surreal scenes…which is quite easy to find around Sao Paulo. While doing that many more masters came to my mind… Van Gogh, Matisse, Basquiat and so on!
My brain was exploding and a stream of ideas flooding my mind! I went quickly home and cut out hundreds of images from all of my art books. I keep the paper cut-outs inside a folder and now I see the world as a blank canvas where anything can happen! I coined the term ‘Air Collage’ for the technique i use!
My definition for ‘air collage’ is any composition created by the juxtaposition of any form or shape into the subject without physical contact between them. You gotta get time, space, angle, distance and the right opportunity to create an interesting air collage! It looks easy but it is quite hard to get it just right! The main ideia is to bring the old masters back to the future and make them do what they did best…having fun and puzzling people! Have fun!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Illustrator Creates Posters With Deep And Hidden Meanings
- This UFO Spaceship McDonald’s Used to Exist in Alconbury, England in the 1990s
- Quarantine Life With A Cat In Cute Illustration By Annada Menon