Great Masters Having Great Times: Miniature Art Of Lorenzo Castellini
According to Lorenzo Castellini: “I am a Brazilian artist who lives in one of the craziest cities in the world! Living in Sao Paulo is like being trapped in one of Hieronymus Bosch’s paintings !First I got a book on him and cut out characters and images from his paintings, then I decided ”to take bosch for a walk” around town and place those characters in surreal scenes…which is quite easy to find around Sao Paulo. While doing that many more masters came to my mind… Van Gogh, Matisse, Basquiat and so on!
My brain was exploding and a stream of ideas flooding my mind! I went quickly home and cut out hundreds of images from all of my art books. I keep the paper cut-outs inside a folder and now I see the world as a blank canvas where anything can happen! I coined the term ‘Air Collage’ for the technique i use!
My definition for ‘air collage’ is any composition created by the juxtaposition of any form or shape into the subject without physical contact between them. You gotta get time, space, angle, distance and the right opportunity to create an interesting air collage! It looks easy but it is quite hard to get it just right! The main ideia is to bring the old masters back to the future and make them do what they did best…having fun and puzzling people! Have fun!”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Russian Artists Recreate Famous Paintings And Have Much Fun
- Man Uses 11 Shipping Containers To Build His 2,500 Square Foot Dream House, And The Inside Looks Amazing
- The Eerie Costumers Of Japan’s Night Parade Of One Hundred Demons
- Bear In The Back Seat: Majestic Portraits Of Wild Animals By Simone Heinrich
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Artist Reimagined Famous Movie And TV Scenes With Cartoon Characters
- Meet Sygmond, The Beautiful Gray Cat Of Your Nightmares
- 16 Bizarre Inventions From The Victorian Era
- A Mixture Of Innocence, Beauty, Violence, Decadence, Japanese And Russian Folklore – In Bizarre Works By Vania Zhuravlev
- Worlds Largest Jesus Christ Statue From Poland Began Distributing Internet From Antennas In His Crown