Great Masters Having Great Times: Miniature Art Of Lorenzo Castellini
According to Lorenzo Castellini: “I am a Brazilian artist who lives in one of the craziest cities in the world! Living in Sao Paulo is like being trapped in one of Hieronymus Bosch’s paintings !First I got a book on him and cut out characters and images from his paintings, then I decided ”to take bosch for a walk” around town and place those characters in surreal scenes…which is quite easy to find around Sao Paulo. While doing that many more masters came to my mind… Van Gogh, Matisse, Basquiat and so on!
My brain was exploding and a stream of ideas flooding my mind! I went quickly home and cut out hundreds of images from all of my art books. I keep the paper cut-outs inside a folder and now I see the world as a blank canvas where anything can happen! I coined the term ‘Air Collage’ for the technique i use!
My definition for ‘air collage’ is any composition created by the juxtaposition of any form or shape into the subject without physical contact between them. You gotta get time, space, angle, distance and the right opportunity to create an interesting air collage! It looks easy but it is quite hard to get it just right! The main ideia is to bring the old masters back to the future and make them do what they did best…having fun and puzzling people! Have fun!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- New Bronze Melania Trump Statue Unveiled in Slovenia After Original Was Set on Fire
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- “40p Static Movie – Bullet Speed”: Insane Action Photoshoot by Chen Zhun for FHM China
- Face of 4000-Year-Old Dog Revealed by Forensic Reconstruction
- Street Artist Uses Traditional Persian Rugs As Canvas To Spray-Paint Female Portraits
- Beautiful Monica Bellucci And Her Never-Before-Seen Pictures
- The Majesty Of The Animal Kingdom in Amazing Photographs by Simen Johan
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey