Fabulous Vintage Photos Showing The Amazing Women’s Street Style From The 1920s
April 21, 1927. “Do ducks swim? Misses Eugenia Dunbar and Mary Moose.” The main focus here is of course the horse trough, once a common item of street furniture in many big cities.
The 1920s also known as the roaring twenties is the year of explosive creativity and innovative fashion styles. The economic prosperity after the First World War brought about widespread availability of high fashion items to almost all walks of life.
It was the decade where people became bold and daring about their fashion styles, abandoning the formal and restricted fashions of the past years. If it weren’t for fashion designers from the 1920s, we wouldn’t have laid our hands on timeless fashion items like cloche hats, flapper dresses, and high heeled shoes. As a remembrance of the era’s flourishing fashion game, here are photos showing the amazing women’s street style from the 1920s.
Ladies at the pet shop.
1920s Greenwich Village woman hanging poster.
Chicago women eating hot dogs, 1920s.
Girl on Fulton Street, New York, 1929.
Budapest, Hungary circa 1928.
Girl playing Yo-Yo. Berlin, 1920s.
Ladies noticed the camera and said “Hi”!
Street scene, Washington D.C., 1924.
The Oscar-winning actress Norma Shearer (Mrs. Irving Thalberg) at the White House, July 24, 1929.
Spring fashions at Easter, Washington, D.C., 1922.
Easter Sunday, Washington, D.C., 1925.
Two gorgeous smiling girls.
Two stylish ladies in Milan, Italy, 1929.
American tourist – Hôtle Ritz Place Vendôme, Paris 1920s.
Young woman with dog, Washington, D.C., 1920s.
Royan, France, 1926.
Mother and daughter, London, 1926.
Fashion by Puttnam, 1920s.
Washington, D.C., 1920s.
Day dresses by Seeberger Freres.
Elegance by Seeberger Freres.
A black dress tapering in slightly at the hem, including a front panel decorated with tiny pleats. Designed by Jenny.
Jacquet dresses, 1924.
A model wears a wrap over coat with a low-waisted embroidered and tasseled belt, with a fur stole and a cloche hat decorated with a velvet bow, October 1923.
A woman models models the latest fashion of the day in a Paris street, 1921.
Eye-catching skirt and sleeves.
Long sleeved velour tunic over a pleated patterned skirt, 1926.
Oriental silk dress.
Wide brimmed hat.
Women’s street style, 1920s.
Fashion by Lanvin.
Mix and match.
Free hanging dress, 1926.
Outlandish hat, 1925.
Paris fashion, 1924.
Daywear, Auteuil, France, 1926.
Daytime fashion, 1920s.
Urban streetwear, Auteuil racecourse, Paris, 1925
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Rare Weird And Funny Pictures Show Hilarious Side Of Victorian Era Life
- There’s An Online Community That Makes Fun Of People Trying To Sell Mirrors
- Awkward 1970s Male Fashion
- These Funnily Terrible Portraits Of Famous People Drawn By This ‘Artist’ Are Awfully ‘Accurate’
- Hotpants, Cigarettes, Harp Lager And Guinness – A Belfast Student Party In 1970
- Artist Redesignes Celebrities, Cartoon And Comic Characters To Look More “Serious”
- No, This Is Not Skyrim, This Is Czech Prachov Rocks In Bohemian Paradise