Fabulous Vintage Photos Showing The Amazing Women’s Street Style From The 1920s
April 21, 1927. “Do ducks swim? Misses Eugenia Dunbar and Mary Moose.” The main focus here is of course the horse trough, once a common item of street furniture in many big cities.
The 1920s also known as the roaring twenties is the year of explosive creativity and innovative fashion styles. The economic prosperity after the First World War brought about widespread availability of high fashion items to almost all walks of life.
It was the decade where people became bold and daring about their fashion styles, abandoning the formal and restricted fashions of the past years. If it weren’t for fashion designers from the 1920s, we wouldn’t have laid our hands on timeless fashion items like cloche hats, flapper dresses, and high heeled shoes. As a remembrance of the era’s flourishing fashion game, here are photos showing the amazing women’s street style from the 1920s.
Ladies at the pet shop.
1920s Greenwich Village woman hanging poster.
Chicago women eating hot dogs, 1920s.
Girl on Fulton Street, New York, 1929.
Budapest, Hungary circa 1928.
Girl playing Yo-Yo. Berlin, 1920s.
Ladies noticed the camera and said “Hi”!
Street scene, Washington D.C., 1924.
The Oscar-winning actress Norma Shearer (Mrs. Irving Thalberg) at the White House, July 24, 1929.
Spring fashions at Easter, Washington, D.C., 1922.
Easter Sunday, Washington, D.C., 1925.
Two gorgeous smiling girls.
Two stylish ladies in Milan, Italy, 1929.
American tourist – Hôtle Ritz Place Vendôme, Paris 1920s.
Young woman with dog, Washington, D.C., 1920s.
Royan, France, 1926.
Mother and daughter, London, 1926.
Fashion by Puttnam, 1920s.
Washington, D.C., 1920s.
Day dresses by Seeberger Freres.
Elegance by Seeberger Freres.
A black dress tapering in slightly at the hem, including a front panel decorated with tiny pleats. Designed by Jenny.
Jacquet dresses, 1924.
A model wears a wrap over coat with a low-waisted embroidered and tasseled belt, with a fur stole and a cloche hat decorated with a velvet bow, October 1923.
A woman models models the latest fashion of the day in a Paris street, 1921.
Eye-catching skirt and sleeves.
Long sleeved velour tunic over a pleated patterned skirt, 1926.
Oriental silk dress.
Wide brimmed hat.
Women’s street style, 1920s.
Fashion by Lanvin.
Mix and match.
Free hanging dress, 1926.
Outlandish hat, 1925.
Paris fashion, 1924.
Daywear, Auteuil, France, 1926.
Daytime fashion, 1920s.
Urban streetwear, Auteuil racecourse, Paris, 1925
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Marine-Themed Cakes Are The Coolest Treats We’ve Seen In A While
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Beautiful Photos Of The 1971 DeTomaso Pantera
- Vietnamese Man Made A Fence From Old iPhones
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Sunny Photographs That Show Just How Far Out Beach Life Was In ’70s
- From Amazing To Downright Scary, These 69 Design Decisions In Soviet Apartment Buildings In Lithuania Are Far From Boring
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- This Artist Draws Comics To Blow Off Some Steam During The Coronavirus Pandemic