Fabulous Vintage Photos Showing The Amazing Women’s Street Style From The 1920s
April 21, 1927. “Do ducks swim? Misses Eugenia Dunbar and Mary Moose.” The main focus here is of course the horse trough, once a common item of street furniture in many big cities.
The 1920s also known as the roaring twenties is the year of explosive creativity and innovative fashion styles. The economic prosperity after the First World War brought about widespread availability of high fashion items to almost all walks of life.
It was the decade where people became bold and daring about their fashion styles, abandoning the formal and restricted fashions of the past years. If it weren’t for fashion designers from the 1920s, we wouldn’t have laid our hands on timeless fashion items like cloche hats, flapper dresses, and high heeled shoes. As a remembrance of the era’s flourishing fashion game, here are photos showing the amazing women’s street style from the 1920s.
Ladies at the pet shop.
1920s Greenwich Village woman hanging poster.
Chicago women eating hot dogs, 1920s.
Girl on Fulton Street, New York, 1929.
Budapest, Hungary circa 1928.
Girl playing Yo-Yo. Berlin, 1920s.
Ladies noticed the camera and said “Hi”!
Street scene, Washington D.C., 1924.
The Oscar-winning actress Norma Shearer (Mrs. Irving Thalberg) at the White House, July 24, 1929.
Spring fashions at Easter, Washington, D.C., 1922.
Easter Sunday, Washington, D.C., 1925.
Two gorgeous smiling girls.
Two stylish ladies in Milan, Italy, 1929.
American tourist – Hôtle Ritz Place Vendôme, Paris 1920s.
Young woman with dog, Washington, D.C., 1920s.
Royan, France, 1926.
Mother and daughter, London, 1926.
Fashion by Puttnam, 1920s.
Washington, D.C., 1920s.
Day dresses by Seeberger Freres.
Elegance by Seeberger Freres.
A black dress tapering in slightly at the hem, including a front panel decorated with tiny pleats. Designed by Jenny.
Jacquet dresses, 1924.
A model wears a wrap over coat with a low-waisted embroidered and tasseled belt, with a fur stole and a cloche hat decorated with a velvet bow, October 1923.
A woman models models the latest fashion of the day in a Paris street, 1921.
Eye-catching skirt and sleeves.
Long sleeved velour tunic over a pleated patterned skirt, 1926.
Oriental silk dress.
Wide brimmed hat.
Women’s street style, 1920s.
Fashion by Lanvin.
Mix and match.
Free hanging dress, 1926.
Outlandish hat, 1925.
Paris fashion, 1924.
Daywear, Auteuil, France, 1926.
Daytime fashion, 1920s.
Urban streetwear, Auteuil racecourse, Paris, 1925
More Inspiring Stories:
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- “Last Breath”: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Gorgeous And Intriguing Series Of Photographs By Øystein Sture Aspelund Capturing Temporary Installations Of Smoke, Light & Fire, Set In Unspoilt Nordic Landscapes
- Fascinating Photos That Capture Everyday Of Oahu Beaches, Hawaii In The Early 1970s
- Photographer Celine Liu Photoshops Herself In Images Of Celebrities Found On The Internet
- 100-Year-Old Negatives Discovered In Block Of Ice In Antarctica
- “Beauty Comes In All Sizes!”: Photoshop Artist Jay Tee Changes The Obtuse Point Of View About Beauty Today One Pound At A Time
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters
- Nevermind In Sovietland By Photographer Tomeu Coll