Intimate Photos Capture Young People of the UK at Home Parties in the Early 1970s
There’s a reason the 1970s continue to be one of the most stylish decades of all time. From flares and bell sleeves to shearling coats and miniskirts, the era birthed an eclectic mix of style influences that evolved quickly over the 10-year span.
Skirts got shorter, boots got taller, and a range of style icons like Jane Birkin and Jean Shrimpton helped spearhead some of the most memorable fashion moments of that time. And the parties are the best occasion for people to show their fashion styles. These intimate photos from Michael G Spafford captured young people at Ashby High Street home parties in Scunthorpe from 1970 to 1972.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Won
- 18 Astoundingly Accurate Diagrams Showing What It’s Really Like To Be An Introvert
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Beautiful Portraits of Highland Park High School Teenage Girls, 1947
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- These Photographs Of Fathers And Their Sons Reveal The Full Wonder Of Human Genes