Intimate Photos Capture Young People of the UK at Home Parties in the Early 1970s
There’s a reason the 1970s continue to be one of the most stylish decades of all time. From flares and bell sleeves to shearling coats and miniskirts, the era birthed an eclectic mix of style influences that evolved quickly over the 10-year span.
Skirts got shorter, boots got taller, and a range of style icons like Jane Birkin and Jean Shrimpton helped spearhead some of the most memorable fashion moments of that time. And the parties are the best occasion for people to show their fashion styles. These intimate photos from Michael G Spafford captured young people at Ashby High Street home parties in Scunthorpe from 1970 to 1972.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Men’s Fashion 2021 Collection
- “Gothic Times”: Artist Spends 14 Months Creating The Most Incredible Ghost Pirate Ship Sculpture
- Teach Yourself to Draw with The Help of The Man Who Influenced Walt Disney, 1913
- Contrasting Portraits Show How A Smile Can Change Your Perception Of Someone
- Simple, Ingenious, And Amusing: Blackwork Tattoos By Ilya Brezinsk
- Employee Cleverly Trolls Her Boss Who Is Never Happy About The Way She’s Dressed For Work
- Brutal 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Touring Berlinetta
- Russian Janitor’s Mock GQ Photoshoot Pays Off
- Controversial Photos Inside The Homes Of Russia’s Ultrarich Show The Country’s Problem With Wealth Inequality
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers